• I am about to give a customer a quote on a project that will generate PDF files, and I wanted to be sure about one thing...

wPDF Standard priced at 290.54 USD requires that a DLL be distributed with my application.

wPDF Standard PLUS priced at 439.19 USD gives all the same functionality, but allows the PDF engine to be compiled directly into the executable, which will then not require the DLL.

Is this correct?

The wPDF2 manual states: "wPDF Standard PLUS: You received the DLL and DCUs to alternatively link in the PDF engine into your Delphi 5,6,7 and 2005 Application", which seems to indicate this is the case, but I want to be absolutely clear for making my quote. My client doesn't care about having a DLL, but for other future applications I prefer single EXE distributions.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Schreiber
    Kobayashi Software

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

the above is correct. With wPDF PLUS you can switch between DLL and DCU usage by defining/undefining a single compiler symbol.

The DLL gives you the security that you can compile the application with a new compiler.

Julian Ziersch

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von support (13. Mai 2005 um 15:02)