Problem with AppendAsSection

• I have a problem using AppendAsSection:

To reproduce, use your SectAppend sample task.

1. Add both a header first page and a footer first page to the existing header/footer all pages for WP2 (second of the three richtexts)
    2. In the Append2.OnClick event, comment out the first and last AppendAsSection lines, so you are left with just the one:
    WPAll.HeaderFooter.AppendAsSection(WP2.HeaderFooter);
    3. Run the sample
    4. Click on the "Append All: Alternative" button (invokes the Append2 click event)
    5. View the results... you should see the probelm in that that the first header shown is the "all pages" heading, and the second page heading is the "first page" heading. Likewise for the footer.

WPTools 5.16, Delphi 7

Thanks,
    Eric

• Julian,

I just installed 5.17.1, and it does not appear that you addressed this problem. Am I correct (all I did was recompile the sample as I had modified as described earlier)?

Please... it is extremely important to my application! I'd like to retire while I am still young... um, well not too too old anyway... and I need this fix so I can move forward to this end :) Not to mention that my clients will stop beating me up... always a good thing.

Thanks,
    Eric

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I posted a new build (V5.17.2) which solves this problem and also:

[** IMPORTANT **] The LayoutMode "playLayout" did not hide
    header/footer before (as intended and described in manual)
    This has now been fixed. Header and footer will be hidden.
    Please make sure you use __playFullLayout__ to also show header/footer
    - automatic header+footer rows: improved alignment with other rows
    * new property "DefaultNumberIndent" (must be changed in code) which
    sets the default indentiation for bullets and numbers applied by
    bullet dialog and bullet button
    - page numbers are grayed in header/footer
    * the HTML writer can now create simple UL and OL lists. This feature
    can be deactivated defining the compiler symbol DONT_WRITE_SIMPLE_LISTS
    + new event: OnCalcPageNr makes it easy to change the displayed page nr.

• Excellent.. thanks. However...

While your fix works, I noticed something that I thought was OK before. If you uncomment out those two lines so that it is back to the original demo for Append2.OnClick but with the additional header/footer first page, header/footer all pages for WP2, the second section only displays the Header/Footer for all pages for section 2.

I was under the impression that each new section could have their own header/footer for all pages and header/footer for first page, etc, that is in relation its section. i.e. that section's header/footer for page 1 applies to the first page of the section. Plus I thought this was working before the fix in 5.17.2... I could be wrong though.

• Thanks, but it still is not perfect... a new problem has popped up.

Again, using your SectAppend demo:

- remove the footer from WP1.

- Add a first page footer and an all pages footer to WP2.

- Click on the AppendAll: Alternative to invoke the AppendAsSection.

Notice how the first page footer from WP2 shows up on the first page of WP1's pages.

Hurry back from vacation! ;o)

Eric