What would you recommend?

• Hi,

My application collects notes about books and CDs, actually it is a media catalog. While I found out how to use textdynamic to edit the notes, I have no idea how to create a directory with all the titles and all the notes. I think I can append all the database records and assign it to the "text" property for printout, but I did not try that yet.

Chris

PS.: May I write In German ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Appending text to the property Text would not work - the RTF format does not allow this kind of appending. The WPT format and ANSI would, but it is not ideal.

You can either use Memo.LoadFromStream to append text to the end of the document.

But I think for your kind of use the reporting feature would be ideal.

Here you can create a group and inside the group there are fields which are filled from the database. The group is processed as soon as the ReportStae event handler does not set Abort to true.

In chapter 'IWPReport' the PDF manual ( http://www.wpcubed.com/manuals/textdynamic/index.html ) talks a bit about this upcoming feature. It will be completed shortly.

Regards,

Julian

PS.: For this newsgroup English is better because others will be interested, too. Of course you may call (089/49053501)