More Newbie questions

• Hi,
    Thanks for the fast reply to my previous questions (http://www.wpcubed.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2155).

BTW - I am not having any problem using it inside a user control. I will let you know if I find anything of interest.

A few more simple questions:
    1. What units are the page size in ?
    2. When the control is resized, the text is resized. Is there any way to prevent this so it behaves like word ?
    3. Where can I find a list of all the wpaProcess functions, what they do, the meaning of there return values, and the meaning of param for each one ?

I'm still trying to get my head around all the objects (is there a doc or UML diagram for the object relations) but I really like it so far. I'm not aware of any other control theat offers this degree of flexibility, and I have used almost all of them (and even own a few). The only one that seems to come close is <...>. However, they simple don't work with HTML (despite what they say).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

>>A few more simple questions:
    1. What units are the page size in ? <<

Twips, that is 1 inch / 1440. Twips are also used for the paragraph properties such as indentleft, spacing and such.

>>2. When the control is resized, the text is resized. Is there any way to prevent this so it behaves like word ? <<

Yes, this is controlled by the property "Memo.AutoZoom"

Please see chapter 3.8.5.1 in the PDF manual.

>>3. Where can I find a list of all the wpaProcess functions, what they do, the meaning of there return values, and the meaning of param for each one ? <<

The list which is currently available is rather brief. In the PDF manual (5.2.2.2 wpa Action Names)

Most actions do not expect parameters since they are mainly used for the toolbar scripts. We are working on a list (or database) with description of each of the actions.

You have full access to the properties and methods using the Memo and TextCursor objects. The CMH file lists all of the properties and procedures, although except for the procedure name most of the topics are entries are empty yet.

The first chapter of the CML has a list with a list of the important interfaces and where they are used (IWPTextCursor, IWPMemo ect)
    This should help. If you have a concrete questions please let me kow.

Zitat

I'm still trying to get my head around all the objects (is there a doc or UML diagram for the object relations) but I really like it so far. I'm not aware of any other control theat offers this degree of flexibility, and I have used almost all of them (and even own a few). The only one that seems to come close is .... However, they simple don't work with HTML.

(I felt I need to edited your post since the legal status of criticising forum posts is not clear right now in my country, sorry)

Thank you, I am glad that you like it. If you feel a feature is missing please ask.

Regards,

Julian