Problems with merging Mail-Fields

• Hello,

I develop a dynamic pdf-document generator/server and I need a Delphi-/ActiveX Component, which helps me to load my fomated rtf-docs, fill the defined mail-merge-fields and convert it to pdf. Therefore I downloaded the PDFControl-Demo-Dll, but I have problems to set/replace defined mail-fields with my values. My sourcecode:

I would be happy if anyone could help me to fix my problem.

Thanks U very much at all,

Andreas Ptassek

• Offizieller Beitrag

The MailMerge the "MailMergeStart" applies to is not used by the RTF Engine. It is a mailmerge possibility which is available for any metafiles to replace text which was created using TextOut("@@name").

-

The mailmerge for RTF files is more powerful since the inserted text can be multi line.

To use it you need to have fields which look like

<NAME>

Using the command WPCOM_RTFMAKEFIELDS you can convert this fields into the mailmerge fields which are used natively by the RTFEngine (WPTools mailmerge fields. See http://www.wpcubed.com/ftp/wpdemo.zip for a demo application)

The you can use the mailmerge event.

...But... for a Delphi application I recomend to buy WPTools and wPDF individual. You can build your RTF mailmerge application without the need for an activeX.

Julian Ziersch