Two problems - help needed

• Hello,

i have two issues with wPDF:

1. One Customer cannot create PDFs with some Documents. I drilled dwon the Problem to occur in WPOBJ_Image in IsBitmap. For some Reason the line Result := (FPicture.Graphic is TBitmap) creates a GPF in some Documents. Since the Documents are Doctors Letters I currently could not analyse this further.

2. Using Tahoma in WPTools gives strange font results in the PDF. Is there a configuration Item I miss? This is strange since the weird fonts in the PDF also apperar on the same machine where the pdf was created.

Thanks fonr any help!

Michael

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

>>1. One Customer cannot create PDFs with some Documents. I drilled dwon the Problem to occur in WPOBJ_Image in IsBitmap. For some Reason the line Result := (FPicture.Graphic is TBitmap) creates a GPF in some Documents. Since the Documents are Doctors Letters I currently could not analyse this further. <<This>>2. Using Tahoma in WPTools gives strange font results in the PDF. Is there a configuration Item I miss? This is strange since the weird fonts in the PDF also apperar on the same machine where the pdf was created.<<

I tested it and do not see anything "strange" ... how does this look like ? I would recommend to get the latest release, it is possible that not Thaoma was used bot something what was mapped to Thaoma by windows.

if wPDF cannot find the font (this problem should be solved) a wrong font entry was created which caused a wrong font to be used by Acrobat reader.

• Putting Ty except around the complete code of isBitmap and returning false in case of an exception solved the problem. The generated documents seem to be complete. You may want to include that in the next update?

Maybe there ist a hidden "bad" object in the template they use.

The weird fonts - would be great if he would default to arial or times new roman.

Michael