Licens and deployment

• Hello

I am thinking about to replace my old RTF control in my access adp application with the TextDynamic control.

First, my question about licens. When I have a developer licens, I can distribute my application to my customers royaliy free ?

and my second question about deployment, how does I have to install the ocx on the customer cilents? Will there be a setup for the costumer client's? or how will the deployment work?

thanks

Frank

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Zitat

First, my question about license. When I have a
    developer license, I can distribute my application to my customers royaliy free ?

For the distribution license You need a license for any developer working within this project, not only persons who work on the word processing part.

If this condition is met there are no royalties.

Zitat

and my second question about deployment, how does I
    have to install the ocx on the customer clients? Will there be a setup for the costumer client's? or how will the deployment work?

I would recommend to create an installation script with InnoSetup. ( http://www.innosetup.com )

It will install+register the OCX, set registration keys (such as path) and copy the required DLLs.

With Kind Regards,
    Julian Ziersch