Having some paper size problems

• Hello all,

I have to print very long graphics (oil well data, having a total length of 5 - 10 metres).

I am having some frustrating problems achieving two "simple" things.

The output has to look "continuous" to the user, either by displaying the pages in continuous mode (without whitespace between the pages in Acrobat) or alternatively by setting huge paper sizes.

(1) If I set a relatively small paper size (DIN A3 or A4), how do I tell WPDF that Acrobat should display the pages in "continuous" mode so that the user can scroll through the pages as if it were one huge plot ?

(2) Is it possible to set very long paper sizes (30 cm x 5 m) ? All my attempts so far result in WPDF hanging or causing GPF's in NTDLL.DLL. In the original Acrobat printer driver I can get pages as long as 3 metres but not in WPDF.

I am using WPDF 3.31, by the way.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

If your output is 5-10 meters, it is not a simple task anymore. Sorry if this is "frustrating".

If the coordinates are over 32000 Acrobat will behave unrealibaly. Usually too large coordinates are simply clipped.

The solution is here to workl with floating point coordintes (fractions of a smaller resolution)

wPDF usually converts thge coordinates used by windows 1:1 to PDF. You can activate the HighRes mode which will internally device all those coordinates by 4.

Julian