Problem with Unicode and wPDF

• Our base documents are stored in WPTools5 and I have a program that creates PDFs from them.

I started using CIDFontMode := wpCIDUnicode and that seemed good, but I have since found that with that option set, one of our bullet characters gets output wrong. The bullet appears to be a WingDings character 'l' in the source document, but with wpCIDUnicode set it show us as ó everywhere it's used.

I have to use the Unicode option for some of my output languages (Vietnamese in particular) and I can't find any way around having invalid characters when it's turned on.

I sent three sample files to the support email, but haven't heard anything for a couple of days, so if you need them again, let me know.

• Hello,

it seems to me as if there is a general problem with all PDF files created by wPDF (Version 3 Standard) using symbol fonts. Adobe Acrobat always complains about "too few operants in path" if there are symbol fonts used. It doesn't help to include the fonts with FontMode wpEmbedTrueTypeFonts or wpEmbedSymbolTrueTypeFonts or set CidFontMode to wpcidUnicode.

Since it is possible to create PDF files that make use of symbol fonts (eg. Acrobat Printer Driver) I suspect a bug in wPDF.

Oliver