Defining a Graphic Mailmerge Field

• Using your mail merge demo as an example, inserting the graphic field from the BioLife db displays as <<>>. Is it possible to insert an image here at this point so that the user could position/resize it but still have it mailmerge correctly when the mailmerge is run at a later stage.

Ken

• Thanks, I'd already researched this and it's not totally what I require.

I need the user to be able to create the template from a specific number of fields. If the field is a graphic field I want them to see a sample graphic image and be able to reposition/resize it. Then at a later time I want to merge the real image but keep it's position/size as per the template with no user intervention.

Also if I modify the mailmerge example to use my own table, which has jpg images rather than bitmaps, I get an error when unchecking show fields.

Ken

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Since You have access to the current image with Contents.CurrentObject.Graphic You can modify and update the image placeholder. You need howebver to create a first placeholder INSIDE the field after the field was created with InputMergeField.

You can use CPMoveBack to go beforte the closing marker, insert the image and use CPMoveNext to place the cursor after the marker.

Thois would work best in a drag&drop handler where the user can drag "fields" from the database into the editor.

Julian