V3: The simple pdf viewer test application - PDFView

• Offizieller Beitrag

The demo installs the simple pdf viewer test application - "PDFView", as executable and as source code.

This demo is as closely as possible based on the code of the demo developed for version2. The buttons are not part of WPViewPDF but part of this little test application. You can start the demo with a certain PDFView DLL as command line parameter. This makes it possible to test different DLLs.

You can search for the given text in the PDF. Unless the text was modified, following clicks will search on subsequent pages.

Activates the selection mode. You can select text on one page and press CTRL+C to copy it to the clipboard.

This button rotates the selected page or pages. Click right on a page to select it. It will be displayed with a blue frame. Pages can also be selected with Shift+Cursor Left/Right.

This button open the field property dialog. The fields which are contained in the document will be listed. With WPViewPDF "PLUS" it is also possible to modify the texts!

Using the star icon the property dialog can be shown.

You can enter your license data in this dialog and also change the renderer for the PDF pages.

It is also possible to view the PDF document information.

In the property dialog, in case WPViewPDF "Demo" or "PLUS" was used, the graphical stamping can be utilized. In this simple example just a rotated text is drawn on a metafile canvas. (Please note that currently only simply text and vector drawing is allowed using metafile stamping. Images cannot be used. All text will be converted to vectors)

You can try out the second stamping method available in WPViewPDF PLUS using this menu:

After a click on this menu you can draw a rectangle on the page.

The script dialog will be displayed to edit the stamping script. After a rectangle has been drawn, a new position will be added to the end to let You enter some text for this position. You can also select the "Example" tab, to try that out using the "Apply" button.

After Apply the pages will be updated at once. When the document is saved, the stamped text will be saved with it.

• How do you change a pdf file to a doc file for free? I have 9 pdf files of varying pages. In total, they take up 1G of space and I can't give files that big to my teacher. Someone suggested that changing the pdf file to a doc file would reduce the size. So, how do I do that for free?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nellyee (3. Juni 2011 um 06:46)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know a good PDF to DOC converter, and especially not a free one. Depending on the PDF input You will always loose graphic and position information of the text. You cannot preserve embedded fonts.

For tagged PDF files it can work - WPViewPDF V3 has the ability to use the tags when it converts PDF to RTF. PDF files created by WPTools+wPDF V3 can contain PDFTags. Many PDF creators do not prtoduced such tags.

• How do i print a pdf prepared for printing office on a regular printer? I have a PDF which is set up and formatted for printing in a printing office, i.e. pages are sort of placed in the order as if it is to be bound as a book. I need to print the pdf on a regular printer, is there any way of doing this and getting correct results in terms of page ordering?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von bonimala (30. Juli 2011 um 06:11)