Demo Application

• Offizieller Beitrag

To download the WPTools 7 trial edition please go here: http://www.wpcubed.com/download.htm

Here is a simple editor which was created with a few lines of code.

It was compiled with Delphi XE 2 and 2 themes. You can click on the Configure button to change between the themes or configure the toolbar. The toolbar is the old TWPToolbar which has been modernized to support larger icons and runtime customization.

Using the new or open button a new tab (at the bottom) is created. You can switch between the documents easily.

This is practically the complete source for this demo:

• Offizieller Beitrag

The demo uses a special imagelist - loaded from a TWPImageList component and attached by property WPImageList . The unit WPDefActions7.pas contains such an imagelist with modern glyphs (License to use is included with WPTools 7).

Unless the image list is attached the 16 color images are used for compatibility reasons.

Regards,
    Julian Ziersch

• Hmmm... My WPDefActions7.pas unit has two image lists: StdIcons and DemoIcons. StdIcons are the ones that I consider not real clean, and DemoIcons seems OK but it only has 5 icons in it. Both are TImageList, not TWPImageList.

I also looked at WPDefActions.pas (note the missing 7), and it has a LargeIcons TImageList (again, not a TWPImageList), and this LargeIcons seems like a nice set of Icons. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to add these images to a TWPImageList and in what order to match that of the toolbar.

Page 33 of the documentation mentions that a list of buttons at 24 and 48 pixel height will be provided, but I only see a full set at 24 pixels in the WPDefActions.pas unit (not WPDefActions7.pas):

ExtraLargeIcons (48 pixels) have only 8 images.
    LargeIcons (24 pixels), 190 images
    StdIcons (16 pixels), 189 images (the original old-style would look better at this size I think)

I must not be looking in the right place! Hint Hint: It would be nice if the actual WPImageList with all sizes included in that one TWPImageList, in the right order etc was provided somewhere. Maybe it is, but I don't see it. :(

Thanks,
    Eric

• Offizieller Beitrag

>>Hmmm... My WPDefActions7.pas unit has two image lists: StdIcons and DemoIcons. StdIcons are the ones that I consider not real clean, and DemoIcons seems OK but it only has 5 icons in it.<<

Ah yes, the icons are not PNG but BMP with a fuchsia mask background color. Only the PNGs are as clean as possible.

I will add the raw PNG images to the next setup - registered version only of course.

WPTools 7 has this WPImageList component for full PNG support - the buttons can be displayed much cleaner with that than with the default image list.

Zitat

Page 33 of the documentation mentions that a list of buttons at 24 and 48 pixel height will be provided, but I only see a full set at 24 pixels in the WPDefActions.pas unit (not WPDefActions7.pas):

Watch out for directory Gylphs in next registered build.