How to use the Finder in WpTools?

• Hello All,

I have tried to make a search form i Delphi XE8 with TWpRichText.Finder - but I cant get it to work. It seems that it jumps over some instances of found text in the TWPRicText document! I have tried several times to get it to work - but I can't figure it out :-( Can you help me?

My aim is to make a searchform that can find and select every instances of the searchtext - one at a time. But how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

• Offizieller Beitrag

The finder works well, there is also an extensive find dialog which may be a good example on how to use it.

However: My aim is to make a searchform that can find and select every instances of the searchtext - one at a time. But how to do this?

This cannot really work since it is not possible to have a selection for several words on different paragraphs.

You can check out the unit

WPSyntaxHighlight

It may be of use.

This code is problematic:

1. SelectText;
    2. http://www.wpcubed.com/forum/board/in…eLine_47_f726f4 FWp.ScrollToPosition(FWp.CPPosition, 0, 10);

You should also set the CPPosition to Finder.FoundPostion.

• Hello,

I have now set the CPPosition to Finder.FoundPosition - but it seems that the Finder only is able to find the first and last occurence of the searchstring. So how can I get to work so I can jump through all occurances of the searchstring?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

Michael Eriksen