Beiträge von b4st4rd

Hi Julian,

I just downloaded the demo wPDF file from the link you provided. There is no file named wpdf_reg.pas in it.

So, thinking it might be a misprint, I tried to build it using the file WPPDFREG.pas from the BCB6 directory, but I keep getting the error "File not found: WPPDFR1.dcu".

I could be on the wrong track, but I think the demo is missing the file WPPDFR1.pas as well as wpdf_reg.pas?

Another question - I need to be able to convert rtf documents into pdf files. Which product do I actually need for this? Can it be done using wPDF and RichEdits, or do I need RTF2PDF or wPDFControl for this?

Assuming that wPDF will do it, how would I go about preserving the rtf file's original dimensions? The example in the manual uses page width/height/margin properties that are specified in the code, but I'd like to keep the original dimensions used in the rtf file I'm using as the source.

Thanks very much :)

Hi Julian,

The new version works great, except for when using the security options.

I'm using the following code before the SaveToFile:

Code
    WPViewPDF->Plus->SetSecurityMode(wp40bit);

When I open the saved document in Adobe Reader 7.0.8, I get the error

Zitat

An unrecognised token
    'garbage characters' was found

where 'garbage characters' seems to be some random bytes. This happens when I set either 40 or 128 bit encryption. The resulting document doesn't render properly, and the demo cube watermark is missing.

Also, I'm attempting to set the security flags using the following:

Code
    WPViewPDF->Plus->SetSecurityPFlags(wpDisableSave);
          WPViewPDF->Plus->SetSecurityPFlags(wpDisableEdit);
          WPViewPDF->Plus->SetSecurityPFlags(wpDisableCopy);

Is this the correct way to do it? (Note - the garbage characters error occurs with or without these lines.)

On another note, I'm trying to use InfoSetString to set the documents' "PDF Producer" info, I've tried "PDF Producer", "Producer", "PDF_Producer" and "PDFProducer" but nothing seems to work - what string should I be using here?

Thanks!

Hi Julian,

You mentioned to me in the wPDF forum that WPViewPDF Plus is capable of concatenating pdf files. (Thanks again for your quick responses - brilliant)

So I've downloaded the demo and with a bit of work was able to get it going.

(I'm using C++ Builder 5 - for anyone interested I had to build a new .bpl package using the 3 .pas files supplied in the VCL directory.)

Incidentally, it would have been a lot less confusing if wPDFViewDemo01.dll had been installed in the install directory, rather than under Windows\System32.

So anyway, now I'm able to use it, I have the following code:

Code
    TWPViewPDF *WPViewPDF = new TWPViewPDF(HWnd);
      WPViewPDF->LoadFromFile("file_1.pdf");
      WPViewPDF->AppendFromFile("file_2.pdf");
      delete WPViewPDF;

Obviously I need to save the document after the AppendFromFile, but I haven't been able to work out how to do it - I'm guessing that the demo doesn't include any of the Plus version features - is this correct? If so, is there a demo available which has the Plus features? The company I'm working for is looking at a purchase for this feature alone, but we need to know the limitations etc. beforehand.

Also, in the current demo, I need to supply a valid window handle (rather than NULL) in the constructor or there will be errors. It seems rather redundant because, for our purposes at least, the control is never visible - it only needs to concatenate the two files in the background. Does the control actually need the window for anything if it isn't being displayed?

Thanks again :)

Hi,

I've just been experimenting using rtf2pdf (demo version) with a couple of different documents. When I open one of the converted documents in Adobe Reader I'm getting the error mentioned in the subject.

The code I'm using is more or less as below:

Is there anything I can do to avoid this error and convert the document correctly?

Hi,

I've tried to create a new pdf using an existing pdf as the InputFile (with pwAppendToInput as the InputfileMode), then set the password/encryption options on this new document.

However the pages of the resulting document are all blank (though the number and orientation of the pages is all correct).

Is this the expected behaviour?

Can you suggest a method or product that will allow me to do this?

Thanks!