Beiträge von Robert Crandall

Well I still can't get it to work. The line "meta := PDFViewer.GetMetafile(i);" keeps throwing range check errors about 90% of the time. I have played with every setting that I can find and tried various work arounds / completely different methods and I am still stuck.

I was able to get this functionality out of the previous versions of these tools but I am stumped now with the current versions.

To recap: I am trying to fill out multi-page forms on screen. I want to load a page-specific image from a pdf file to act as a background while filling the form, and then I want to save the page-specific background with the completed form so that Adobe Reader can view it as a complete filled form later. Right now I can't get it to do either of these background image functions even though I used to be able to with D5 and the WPCubed components from 2 years ago.

I have tried to export the pdf image as an emf file and then load it up again when I need to fill a form but I am having terrible difficulty understanding the various help files and code snippets. They seem to have been written at different times and it is very hard to tell how the components are supposed to work together now.

Can you point me in any particular direction?

Thanks, Rob

I have been using WP Forms / WPDF in Delphi 5 for two+ years with good success. For a new project we upgraded everything to D7 and licensed all the latest versions of everything from WPCubed and now I'm trying to figure out WPViewPDF.

I have a form template within WPForm2 that I fill and then ad a background extracted from an existing pdf via a WPPagesImport component at the time that it is saved to disk. (This latter component is included but disabled in the current version but it can be reenabled again.) Anyway, it creates a pdf just fine with both the foreground fields and checkboxes and the background image just as expected. It loads and displays into Reader 6.0 perfectly.

My problem is that when I try to load the same file into my brand new copy of WPViewPDF all that I see is the foreground fields and checkboxes. I cannot get it to display the background image! I have played with all the settings and read the documentation but I don't see what else to try. Can anyone out there help me? Is this 'background image from a pdf' simply a feature that is not supported in the viewer?

Many thanks, Rob