Beiträge von LanceRas

Odd. I've never had problems separating the packages. I just only have the Reg unit in the designtime package and add the runtime to the required. Then in the runtime, I eliminate the reg unit and reference to the designide. I had to do that years ago with some legacy components when Delphi 7 came out.

It becomes really important when moving towards FMX stuff.

I have my finalbuilder script set to compile the 32 bit 10.4 and 11.0 package with the extra command line options of -LUDesignIDE

However, when I clone the action and set the 2nd action to compile with 64 bit, it fails to compile because the designIDE is not 64 bit. I tried removing the -LUDesignIDE and it still failed saying designide not found.

The only workaround I've been sucessfull with is to make a copy of the DPK and add a 64 to it and then remove designide from the required DCP.

Suggestions or is my workaround the only way?

Also - would like to compile via commandline batch file using msbuild The Win32 compiles, not the Win64

CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin\rsvars.bat"

CALL MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Release /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win32\Release" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win32\Release" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win32\Release" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bpl" "C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_DS.dproj"

CALL MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Release /p:platform=Win64 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win64\Release" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win64\Release" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win64\Release" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Win64\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Win64\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\win64\Bpl" "C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_DS.dproj"

Almost every component I use separates the design time and runtime packages since Delphi 7 so I'm use to compiling, for example, WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_RT.dproj first for Win32, then WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_RT.dproj for Win64, then WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_DT.dproj for the design time.

Julian,

When you copied the 10.4 dpk file to be delphi11, you must not have compiled it, because you also have to edit the dpk and rename the package to WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_DS

I rebuild the packages with Finalbuilder script and it failed out of the box. It also complained that the RES file was missing, so I enabled the option to regenerate resource.