Beiträge von roknjohn

My users have been hammering me for years to add support for document comments. While I can use bookmarks or hidden text to store the acutal comment string, I am having trouble figuring out how to display the comments in a manner similar to Word. Hover hints are not really desireable, but they are simple enough to code. Rather, I would like the comments to be displayed in the right margin. I would like them all to be visible at once and scroll with the page.

Do you have any ideas of how I might approach this?

It is often the case for this client that the endnotes would span multiple pages. My solution was to simply append the endnotes to the end of the document as protected/bookmarked text. As notes were inserted/deleted, I exceuted a routine that deleted all of the bookmarks and then re-added them in the correct order.

In the example below, I have bookmarks in the main document with related bookmarks that are automatically inserted at the end of the document. The bookmarks are named with similar names so that I can track their associations. As the user inserts/deletes these special bookmarks in the main document, the ABOOKs are re-created in the same order as they appear in the document. The rountine also adds superscripted reference numbers to both parts, which are renumbered after each edit.

Example:

This is some <BOOK1>text</> in the main part of the <BOOK2>document</> that the user can edit.

This is the last line of the document.

<ABOOK1>This is the end note text for note 1</>
    <ABOOK2>This is the endnote text for note 2</>

I understand that the premium version supports footnotes. By client requires endnotes (i.e. all footnote text appears at the end of the document).

I have implemented an endnote system in WPT5 using bookmarks with naming conventions, e.g. BOOK001, BOOK002, etc. This, together with a rountine to renumber all of the endnote bookmarks in the document, does give me the desired result - but not without a few quirks and glitches.

I was hoping for native support for this feature in the WPT product. Is this being considered for a future release?

Julian,

I've seen a few posts about this topic but still having trouble seeing the big picture. I want to allow my users to create a checkbox list, similar to a bulleted or numbered list, but with working checkboxes. Users would then be able to check or uncheck certain items within the list.

Is this possible in WP5? I can upgrade to WP6, if need be.

How would I go about implementing this functionality? Is there a demo or example project available?

I have read numerous posts on protecting text in this forum, but none have been helpful.

I have a rtf document that serves as a template for my users. This document contains serveral paragraphs and several mail merge fields. Currently, users create new documents based off of this template with merged data, but are able to freely modify the results. What I would like to do is allow my users to add paragraphs to this document without allowing them to delete any of the original paragraphs or merge fields. Please explain:

1) How do I protect all of the text of the template, programatically?

2) How do I allow users of the template to add paragraphs (between existing paragraphs) without allowing them to delete any of the text?

3) Should the administrator need to modify the template, what needs be be done to allow this?

I have tried code like this to enable the protection:

This protects the text from overtyping, but the user can still select it and press delete. It also allows the user to insert empty paragraphs between paragraphs but only occassionally can they enter text, weird. Also, backspace or delete will not allow them to delete the empty paragraphs that they inserted.

D2007
    WPTool 5.39

I have a project where a mergefield retrieves a table built within another WPRichText.

Contents.StringValue := WPRichText2.AsString;

It works great, even when MergeText is called repeatedly. However, after saving and then reloading the text to/from a stream, the insertion points are messed up, causing the table to show twice.

WPRichText1.SaveToStream(Stream);
    Stream.Position := 0;
    WPRichText1.LoadFromStream(Stream,'',True);

I have a sample project, if I can find a way to attach it. Here's a link to it: http://jcent.com/MergeTable.zip

Is there a better way to do this? How can I allow the user to enter text after the protected text (if the protected is at the end of the line)?

Adding a space doesn't work. If the user accidentally deletes the space, the paragraph can no longer be extended.

You would think ppAllowEditAtTextEnd would control this, but it doesn't. In my case, a protected bookmark (ppIsBookmark) is at the end of the line.

Code
    Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.[b:BOOK1]This is the bookmark text, afsProtected[/b]¶