Beiträge von Backer

I have a problem which may seem somewhat strange, but ... Anyhow, I have to revive an old project where a number of different tools are involved together with Delphi 7 (which have not used for a long time), including wPDF. This is about two machines ago, so I have had some problems locating everything.

Now, I think I have everything in place except wPDF. I have the setup file, which has been run, so I have a directory called wPDF on the c: disk with plausible contents. The thing I now need some help with is how to make Delphi 7 "see" wPDF so can compile my old program. The version I have is version 2, the setup file is dated January 10. 2005 if that is of any use.

I seem to remember that there were some slightly (at least for me) unusual things to be done with the installation to make it work, and I must have lost these instructions.

Is it possible to have some assistance?

Tom

What I want to be able to but have not found (or overlooked) in the documentation is to (a) generate /adjust a graph with TeeChart on a Delphi form, (b) copy the resulting chart over to a TRect on the wPDF printer's canvas and (c) generate the PDF file.

At the moment, it is the (a) and (b) part I have not found the solution to.

As to the context, I would like to do this on a web server (IntraWeb or good old CGI), and generate a page allowing for download of the PDF file afterwards..

Any suggestions ?

I am looking for a PDF tool for my software and wonder (a) what version of the tools I will need and (b) the cost of course. The most salient facts are:

(a) Currently, I am generating documents from my programs written in Delphi 7 by writing to the canvas of a postscript printer, and then converting the resulting PS file to PDF using Acrobat Distiller. This works fine, but I would like to be able to generate PDF directly. Which version would I need?

(b) I would also like to be able to add the ability to generate PDF files to some scripts (CGI) and an Intraweb application on a server I have.

In case that is relevant, the server is used within an academic institution (University of Bergen, Norway)