Beiträge von enl

Hi,

now I know what was my mistake. I viewed the results of wPDF with the Acrobat Reader 5.0, which omitted the kyrillic characters. In WPviewPDF everything is ok.
    Thank you very much, that was extremly helpful for me.

Gunter

Hi Richard,

thanks a lot for your fast amd extensive answer. The main difference seems to be the character '@' in the

font.name:='@Arial',

which yields to the exception 'Cannot load font data' on my PC. So I tried 'Arial' and 'Arial Unicode MS' as fontname but without success as before.
    Can you tell me the meaning of the @ (Google wasn't very helpful for this)?

Kind regards,
    Gunter

I tried your code with some russian strings and RUSSIAN_CHARSET and failed with it. Latin characters in the widestring were displayed correct and kyrillic characters were omitted. On a Delphi canvas all characters are displayed with your method.
    Are there additional settings in the pdfPrinter necessary or what might be my fault?

Thanks
    Gunter

On the pdf-canvas the function textout seems always to create text with a transparent background, independent of the settings of brush, font or textflags, etc. On a Delphi canvas everything works as expected.
    Does anyone know a solution (beside printing additional opaque rectangles) to solve this problem?

I am using wPDF Version 2.34 (6.7.2004) with Delphi7 and WindowsXP Pro