Beiträge von FireWilley

Code that was working in previous versions is no longer working in version 3.1.2.0. The error I am getting is an out of resource error. The error occurs when attempting to produce PDF files larger than 5,000 pages.

The line of code that is causing the error is in the TWPDFEnhMetafile.BeginDraw procedure of the WPPDFR1 unit. The code is:

FCanvas := TMetafileCanvas.Create(Self, dc);

What is happening in the TWPDFEnhMetafile.BeginDraw procedure, the line:

dc := GetDc(0)

is being called, but the line:

ReleaseDC(0, dc);

is not being called. I thought this was strange, so I changed the code so that ReleaseDC is called, and the out of resource error goes away. Is there an error in the TWPDFEnhMetafile.BeginDraw procedure?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do not know anything about watermarks, but I can view the contents of a page that was blank if I recreate the document. For example, I create a 590-page document in which only one page (172) was blank. I create the doc a second time, and only pages 405 and 435 are blank. Page 172 is fine. I recreate the doc a third time and only pages 103, 185, and 338 are blank. If the problem was caused by the content of a page, I would expect the same page to be blank every time, is this not the case?

The Encryption property was including wpEncryptFile. When I removed wpEncryptFile, the blank pages are no longer present. I also tested creating the documents using a product from a company called Gnostice. These documents are using encryption. The docs created with Gnostice do not have any blank pages when viewed in PDF Viewer.

We want to create the documents with encryption. We also want to use your product to create the documents, as the Gnostice product is much slower. Should we be able to view encrypted docs without any problems? Is there a setting pertaining to encryption we can change to fix this? I can email you a sample document if that would be of assistance.

Hello,

I have a problem with some of the pages of the PDF document not displaying anything when I load the document into the viewer. In addition, when I call GetPageText it does not return anything for the pages that are displayed as blank pages.

For example, a 203-page doc has two blank pages, a 524-page doc has three blank pages, a 590-page doc has one blank page, and a 632-page doc has two blank pages. The pages are not blank when viewing in Adobe Reader. On the other hand, I loaded a 500-page doc and a 635-page doc into the viewer and none of the pages was blank. All of the docs were created using WPDF200A.DLL version 2.6.5.0.

The documents I am loading into the viewer contain only text. I am using wPDFView01.dll version 1.2.5.0. I am using Delphi. I have tried both LoadFromFile and AttachStream and the results are the same. I can send you the docs that have blank pages if this will help.

Hello,

My company is considering purchasing the WPViewPDF product. I have download the WPViewPDF free demo version and this product does what we need. The Web page for ordering the product shows a standard and plus version. However, I have been unable to find anything that describes the difference. Can you direct me to the documentation on this? Is the free demo version the standard version?

Hello,

I am evaluating the demo version of the PDF viewer. I am using Delphi version 7. I am having a problem moving to a page after loading the file in the viewer. The code does this:

WPPDFViewerStart('noname', 'nokey', 0);
    WPViewPDFDLLNAME := 'wPDFViewDemo01.dll';
    WPViewPDF1.LoadFromFile( FileName );
    if WPViewPDF1.CommandEx( 22, 10 ) < 0 then // COMPDF_GotoPage
    ShowMessage( ‘Failed to move to page’ );

The call to CommandEx is returning –1.

I tried:
    WPViewPDF1.Command( 23 ) // COMPDF_GotoNext
    WPViewPDF1.Command( 20 ) // COMPDF_GotoFirst
    WPViewPDF1.Command( 24 ) // COMPDF_GotoLast
    WPViewPDF1.Command( 21 ) // COMPDF_GotoPrev

they all return –1.

Calling
    WPViewPDF1.Command( 201 ); // COMPDF_GetPageCount

Returns to correct number of pages. The document loads, and everything looks fine I can call:

WPViewPDF1.PrintPages( Self.PageNum, 10 );

And page 10 prints great.

A call to:

WPViewPDF1.GetPageText( Self.PageNum )

Returns the text on page 10.

I just cannot move to the page I want to view.

The reason my company is considering purchasing this product is to be able to show the user a specific page in very large documents (over 20,000 pages). I am testing a 36 page document. Is there something I need to do before moving to a page?

Thanks for the previous reply. I have created PDF documents of over 50,000 pages; however, people are complaining about the time it takes to create the document, and the time it takes to search for things in the document.

I have two questions:

1: Would it be faster to create a smaller document and then add pages rather than creating the whole document at once?

2. Is there anything I can do when the document is created that will speed up the time it takes to perform a search?