Beiträge von mschumann

Putting Ty except around the complete code of isBitmap and returning false in case of an exception solved the problem. The generated documents seem to be complete. You may want to include that in the next update?

Maybe there ist a hidden "bad" object in the template they use.

The weird fonts - would be great if he would default to arial or times new roman.

Michael

Hello,

i have two issues with wPDF:

1. One Customer cannot create PDFs with some Documents. I drilled dwon the Problem to occur in WPOBJ_Image in IsBitmap. For some Reason the line Result := (FPicture.Graphic is TBitmap) creates a GPF in some Documents. Since the Documents are Doctors Letters I currently could not analyse this further.

2. Using Tahoma in WPTools gives strange font results in the PDF. Is there a configuration Item I miss? This is strange since the weird fonts in the PDF also apperar on the same machine where the pdf was created.

Thanks fonr any help!

Michael

Thanks. Works well now.
    One open issue: I merged the localization xml file and activated the use of the languagecontroller in wpspell_inc.inc, buildt everything but the context menu is not localized. I am sure there is one step I forgot!

Hello,

after integrating WPSpell into mya application i came across some problems. I load the standard dict GERMAN and an additional one compiled out of special words for my application. In the end I add several ignorewords. I appended my init code.

1. E.g. the words "Gruß" and "Grüße" are always treated as wrong, although I added them to my (EMIL) dictionary. When I add them to the user dictionary, it works.

2. Some of the Ignore-Words are not recognized, the words are treated as wrong in the text.

3. WPSpell always marks german dates, e.g. 22.05.1961, as wrong and underlines the month and year part.

4. Why does WPSpell treat a construction of two known words bound together with a "-" as one new unknown word?

5. I would like to control the settings of the controller by global settings read from a database. Can this be achieved? Setting options to e.g. 76 doesnt seem to work.

5. The context Menu of WPSpell is always in english, how can I change the language?

Perhaps this all can be solved by doing some configuration, so any halp would be very appreciated.

Best regards,

Michael Schumann

Attached please find my initialization code

if tg.Nospellcheck <> 1 then begin
    // Spellchecker
    spellController := TWPSpellController.Create(self);
    with spellController do begin
    CurrentLanguage := 1031;
    Active := true;
    // PersistencyMode := wpUseRegistry;
    LoadSetup(false);
    addFromFile(progdir + 'GERMAN.DCT');
    addFromFile(progdir + 'EMIL.DCT');
    UserDictAdd(progdir + 'USERDICT.DIC');
    // AfterCreatePopup := SpellKillUnnecessaryItems;
    OptionFlags := 76;
    suggestMode := [wpSuggestAutoOpenDictionaries,
    wpSuggestFrequentMistakes,
    wpSuggestAccents,
    wpSuggestTwoWords,
    wpSuggestFirstVariation,
    wpSuggestRotatedChar,
    wpSuggestQWERTY,
    wpSuggestSoundex];
    // Alles im Speicher
    if tg.spellCheckFile <> 1 then memoryMode := wpspellUseMemory else
    memoryMode := wpspellUseFile;
    // Wir fügen Namen und Adresse sowie die Ärzte als Ignore-Worte zu
    IgnoreWord(dmod.prsDS.FieldByName('VOR').AsString);
    IgnoreWord(dmod.prsDS.FieldByName('NACH').AsString);
    IgnoreWord(dmod.prsDS.FieldByName('ORT').AsString);
    IgnoreWord(dmod.prsDS.FieldByName('STR').AsString);
    actSpellAsYouGo.visible := true;

// Starten und status korrekt setzen
    actSpellAsYouGoExecute(Self);
    end
    end else
    actSpellAsYouGo.visible := true;

1. Some words a

Hello,

I just orderd wpspell since my apps users wish to have spell checking features. I am sure, it will work well like wptools itself;-)

Since my app only has read access to the central application directory and handles every data exchange via firebird database server i would like to put the user dictionary into the database. Is it possible to catch an event and read/write user entires in the dictionary to/from a database?
    The base dictionary can of course be read from a file, that is no problem.

Thanks
    Micha

I use MailMerge to create Documents from Data. I also want to replace variables with a complete Table that is created dynamically when merging. Currently I use FastAddTable but it always is appended to the end of the document. I also tried the workaround I found somewhere in this forum setting the current paragraph to wpIsTable, it did not help.

Any help is VERY appreciated!

Micha

Hello,

I switched from FreeReport to WPReporter for offering a much less complicated and highly custmized designer to my users. While recreating all existing reports I came across the problem how to repeat table headers across several pages. Since some reports have nested groups this is essential for me. Can you give me a hint?

Thanks in advance!