wingdings and wpdfexport

• Question... As far as Acrobat Reader 7.0 is concerned, is the font name case sensitive?

Reason I ask is that I've been excluding the Wingdings font from being embedded in the PDF doc for a while now (including WPTools 4). And have had no problems doing that when the Wingdings font is on the destination computer.

Suddenly I noticed that, and I don't know exactly when this started happening, if I view a PDF created with WPTools 5 (5.19.1) and WPPDFExport (2.61), Acrobat cannot find or substitute for "WingDings" (note the upper case "D"). With an older doc created with WPTools 4, it is OK with "Wingdings" (note the lowercase "d"). The font name being referenced was determined based on the font list displayed by Acrobat 7. It is as if the font name is case sensitive.

If I embed the font, it works fine since it is looking for "WingDings" and it is now embedded that way.

While I believe the actual name is "Wingdings" not "WingDings", I still find it hard to believe the font name would be case sensitive, so I'm thinking something else is keeping Acrobat from finding a compatible font.

So, do you know off the top of your head what Acrobat looks for to obtain a suitable font match when the font is not embedded? Maybe I've screwed up the charset value or something.

Thanks,
    Eric