Corrupted graphic in WPForm file

• I have an App that creates documents using WPForm. We also have a "viewer" app that can be used to view the documents afterwards.

One of our clients has sent me three forms that all appear to have a corrupted graphic. On my system page one prints out only a narrow band on the left and a triangular section at the bottom but on the client's system all pages print but the text and tables are all misaligned.

Now for the fun bit. These form files were sent by our client to someone else to view using the viewer. They reported that they didn't work and sent them back to the client who forwarded them on to me. They worked fine on the client's system before he sent them. Other forms generated by the client all work fine.

I think the problem must lie with the third party's email system somehow corrupting the attachment but presumably it doesn't do this to other attachments. I'm getting the client to send a copy on disk to see if this is the problem but I wondered whether anyone had come across anything like this? If it is not an email problem I am stumped as the viewer is read only and doesn't alter the form file in any way.

When I replaced the graphic with one from a good copy the problems disappeared so I am fairly certain the graphic is the root of the problem but how does it get corrupted?

TIA.