Can't install WPTools5_D7.dpk

• Every time I try to install the demo for version 5 of WPTools, I receive a message that some files have to be included in the dpk, for it to install properly.

Once, the files are added to the WPTools5_D7.dpk, I get this error message when trying to [install/compile] the package:

Unit WPCtrRich was compiled with a different version of WPPrTab1.WPCreateTableForm....

I have uninstalled the previous package(4) from the component/install new..

Is there other steps that are required to install the version 5 of the WPTools component.

TIA,
    Green_Flyer

• Please check if there's still a path to your previous version (4), in the Library Path specified in Tools | Environment Options | Library.

If so, delete it, and you should be good to go.

Regards,
    richard diamond

• I did in fact have the reference there, but alas it didn't change the end result. I reextracted the source files, opened the WPTools5_D7.dpk.

First compile, only warnings, press ok.

Dialogue box, for changes that are required for the package ... ok again, recompiles and then this message:

WPTools4D7_RT, not found, so I add to the search path towards the location for that file, in the project options for WPTools[5].

Then, well same trouble as original message.

TIA,
    Green_Flyer

• Finally, I got it to work ....

The main problem was that WPTools5, needs the WPTools4D[x]_RT.dcp to compile and install. Except that, most files in the WPTools4D[x]_RT package are now obsolete, and will give the messages mentionned in previous posts.

But before I needed to repackage the WPShared_D7_RT, and make sure it linked to the files in the version 5 folder.

After Modify the WPTools4d[x]_RT.dpk so it contains only the following files and links to the new version of WPShared_D7_RT:

=> WPPrTab1
    => WPRTEDefs

The other DCU's will get implicitly compiled. I didn't find that package in the zip install files from your site, it would be easier if it was included, with the right files in it already ...

Green_Flyer

• I'm happy you got it going, that's great..:)

However, something doesn't seem right. You shouldn't have to do any of that hoop-jumping, at all. There should be no Version 4 dependencies, be it WPTools4D[x]_RT.dcp or anything else V4-related, either in the demo or the licensed version.

I'm wondering what interaction might be going on to cause this on your machine...

Regards,
    richard diamond

• I don't know why it wasn't straight forward as you say it should be, all I wanted to mention was the steps that I had to do to make it work.

Although, I'm new here and the person that was responsible for Wptools is no longer here, so maybe they did change the runtime librairies, I don't know but there was clearly an issue of referencing obsolete files in the runtimes files that was causing the messages that I got, when trying to install the new version of WPTools.

Zitat

However, something doesn't seem right. You shouldn't have to do any of that hoop-jumping, at all. There should be no Version 4 dependencies, be it WPTools4D[x]_RT.dcp or anything else V4-related, either in the demo or the licensed version.

I just think that there might have been references left towards the version 4 component in Delphi somewhere that was causing me problems.

The important thing is that I can install the package to test ...

Green_Flyer

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Any WPTools 4 package visible to Delphi (can be under Delphi\Projects\BPL) and any wptools 4 PAS or DCU file will disturb wptools 5. Although WPTools 5 uses many new unit names it uses the old unit names for the untis which were not so deeply changed such as the ruler, toolbar and dialogs.

In any case: make sure wptools 4 is not visible when you install wptools 5. It is save to rename the old wptools 4 directory and remove the old BPLs.

BTW.: I didn't saw your question at once since this is the FAQ section.

Julian