Install issues with v4 [in C++Builder]

• Since the v4 forum is closed, I'm asking this here...

I'm trying re-create the development environment that was used to create an older program, which included WPTools v4 on Builder v5 C\C++. It's been a long time since I've installed WPTools and assume there was a trick to properly install it.

I'm able to compile the WPShared_BCB5_RT.bpk and WPShared_BCB5.bpk. In $(BCB)\Projects\Bpl, there are WPShared_BCB5 & RT files (.tds, .bpl) and in the \Lib, there are WPShared_BCB5 * RT files (.bpi, .lib).

Then I try to compile WPTools_BCB5_RT.bpk, but get an error message that the WPTools_BCB5.bpi is not found (vcl50.bpi, WPShared_BCB5.bpi and WPTools_BCB5.bpi are shown as Requires). Based on the manual, it says to compile the RT files first. However, I had to comple WPShared_BCB5.bpk first, otherwise it will complain about WPShared_BCB5.bpi not being there also.

I tried to compile WTools_BCB5.bpk but it couldn't find WPTools.lib.

So the question is, what do I compile to get WPTools_BCB.bpi and .lib?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Craig.

• Offizieller Beitrag

With BCB5, due to the pathes required in the make file, the easiest is to create a new package. (File,New/Package).

Add the units wpshared.pas and wptools.pas to that package.

Add to "required" the packages
    dsnide50.bpi
    vcl50.bpi
    vcljpg.bpi
    vclx50.bpi

Now open the XML "Options source" of the package and make sure in the entry the LU command is used:

<PFLAGS value="... -JPHNE -LUdsnide50"/>

In case of problems with the database connection, you can use the compile flag NODB to deactivate the components.

WPShared was originally created to be a runtime package. But we decided it is better to put it directly into the main package. If you also have WPForm, it can be merged into the WPTools package if the $DEFINE INCLUDE_WPFORM is active in the file WPINC.INC.