• trying to sort out the new build 5r6.5 with addict 3.4.1.

these items are reproducible in the demo from WPT5

Things that DON'T seem to work right:

Live Spelling underlines(red squigglies): they are HUGE, more than double the old size. This was introduced in this latest build.

Live spell checking checkbox: If you uncheck and recheck, currently bad words lose red marks and do not return when you recheck. Only new misspelled words will be red underlined. (to reproduce, start demo, uncheck live spell check box, then check it again, now misspell a word. It will get underlined, but old ones will not)

live correct: only works with ConfigDefaultCustom dictionary, even if ConfigDefaultActiveCustom is defined and selected.

Ignore all/Change all: entries are added to a new dictionary? Is that new? Not saved to the 'SuggestionsLearningDict' file.

Things that DO seems to work right.

Spelling dialog(from right click): is now positioned properly next to the word you are changing.

Full spell check(CheckWPTools (AddictSpell, WPRichText1, ctSmart);) now properly scrolls the editor to show the word you are currently working on.

Full spell check: now seems to find words that are marked misspelled by the live spelling, it was ignoring some of them before.

Live spell checking: now redraws squigglies properly after closing full spell check dialog, you had to toggle live spell check on/off before to get them to redraw. But you do still have to either click in the editer or mouse over a hotstyle before it redraws them.

Live spell checking: now draws squigglies when initially starting the demo, before you had to toggle it on/off at least once for the squigglies to draw.

I'll tell Glenn I posted this here, since he frequents here, and some of this probably has to do with both Addict and/or WPT and I'm not sure which. That's all for now.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bobby (13. September 2004 um 14:59)

• Bobby,

Actually I frequent the newsgroup more often then here (my bad) - so thanks for the email :)

Will check out in more detail your report - though I would say that Addict normally expects that Ignore/Ignore All are not saved to the Custom Dictionary. They do get saved to the Learning Dictionary unless you have that turned off.

Julian needs to be thanked for all the work he has done on the WPTools Addict Parser - we are still no where near up to speed on all the new features and power he has added. Plus the new WPTools/Addict Demo is getting better and better - once again most of this has been done by Julian :)

• thanks Glenn

I do have the SuggestingLearningDict defined and SuggestionLearning to true. Do I need something else? It is saving them to a dictionary called (IgnoreAll/ChangeAll) but I can't seem to find where that file is. hmm, and now I can't seem to make it do that one again.

Yeah, I'm trying to get into all the new stuff now, that's why I've been flooding the board lately :(

• Bobby,

Sorry for the delay.

>> Live spell checking checkbox: If you uncheck and recheck, currently bad words lose red marks and do not return when you recheck. Only new misspelled words will be red underlined. (to reproduce, start demo, uncheck live spell check box, then check it again, now misspell a word. It will get underlined, but old ones will not) <<

I can verify this problem - not sure what is causing it:

if (ToggleLiveSpell.Checked) then
    AddictSpell.Configuration.SpellOptions := AddictSpell.Configuration.SpellOptions + [soLiveSpelling]
    else
    AddictSpell.Configuration.SpellOptions := AddictSpell.Configuration.SpellOptions - [soLiveSpelling];

This works fine with WPTools 4 and the Parser.

>>Ignore all/Change all: entries are added to a new dictionary? Is that new? Not saved to the 'SuggestionsLearningDict' file. <<

I'm not quite sure I understand the problem here. I tried Ignore All and it seemed to work fine. Nothing was saved to any Dictionary.

• Ok, everything seems to be working good now. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

and I haven't been able to reproduce the dictionary thing again. I'll watch for it. Not a huge deal, regardless.

Zitat von wpsupport

- this curly lines have a new look, thats no bug

Was there a specific reason for changing it? Just curious, because I know people are going to bug me about it.

• Zitat

- this curly lines have a new look, thats no bug

They do grow on you :) Unfortunatly, going to take a little bit of persuading to get customers to like them: The old style was like the marking in Word, but the new is very different :p