Arabic limitations?

• I have a client who wishes to use our software but wants to use it exclusively for the Arabic language. I see posts which talks about problems with mixed text, and with my being ignorant of what this means could you maybe explain what our client can expect if he attempts to use only Arabic with WPTools?

Questions:
    1. What editor configuration options should I be sure to set.
    2. What WPTools compiler switches should I be sure to set.
    3. Most importantly, what limitations should I make the Arabic user aware of, if any, that I can pass on to our customer.
    4. Any issues with wPDF

I don't want to go down the path and expense for our customer with translation of our menus etc only to find out in the end that WPTools is not close to 100% usable with Arabic.

Any help from you and the WPTools community would be extremely helpful and appreciated!

Thanks!
    Eric

• Offizieller Beitrag

WPTools has only limited support for right-to-left languages. Full Support would require Special RTL start and stop codes in the text to make mixed languages possible. WPTools does not handle mixed text very well.

In general arabic text is pretty complicated to support since the actual glyphs change (Display and size) with their position in the text, the context.