How Can I Create an AcroForm Push Button Field?

• Hi Julian,

As you know, when creating a PDF, the procedure TWPPDFPrinter.DrawTextField can be used to create an AcroForm Text Field.

This is a user interactive field. There is a similar function TWPPDFPrinter.DrawCheckbox that can be used to create an AcroForm Checkbox field.

I have an urgent need to be able to create an AcroForm Push Button Field. As far as I know, a Push Button field is the only way to create an interactive field that contains an image.

So, my question is, using wPDF v4 (or any tool that works with it):

Is there a way to create an AcroForm Push Button Field? Perhaps using the function DrawAnnotation. I tried this, but could not get it to work.

If there is currently no way to do this, could I hire/pay you or one of your staff to write the appropriate function(s)?

Thanks.

- John

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am sorry, right now there are just the checkboxes which internally are also buttons.

I assume you need to embed some javascript code - currently there is no method to do so. Without this the button would do nothing.

Maybe you can send me an example PDF with a button like the one you need. I can check how difficult it would be to implement this.

• I have a simple PDF (created in Acrobat Pro DC) with a single push button, but I don't see any way to attach the file to this post, so I'm going to email it to Julian.

At a minimum, I need to have control over the field name, size and position on the page.

Thanks.

- John