*** WPTools 9.1..... ***
* new sample code
* many code improvements, stability and handling enhancements
* we gave up the separation in runtime (RT) and design time (DS) packages to simplify the installation because the dependency to the RT package caused some trouble in the past. If you work with a WPTools 8 package, you can compile it with WPTools 9. Just make sure the compiler symbol
WP9 is defined. You can keep the V8 files if you remove the directory from the search path.
If you use C++Builder and upgrade to WPTools 9 we recommend to use your existing package project and simply re-build it with WPTools 9 units.
B) GUI improvements
++ we provide all new glyphs are various resolutions and with the PRO version the SVG vector source
++ much enhanced WPImageList. It now also supportes vertical and horizontally arranged gylphs.
Using the property editor (doubleclick) multiple files can be loaded into the Images collection.
Also supported now are overlay rectangles for colors.
++ improved InsertSymbol dialog
* The WPTools property editor now also supports the dark
style in the Delphi IDE ($define DARKTHEME in package options)
* Using the global variable WPDrawRectWithBitmap_bitmap the shading can be customized (BMP or PNG)
+ improved glyph drawing code for TWPToolButtons
+ ViewOptionsEx2: wpNoBlueRectsAroundHeaderFooterWhileEditing
+ ViewOptionsEx2: wpNoBlueRectsAroundTextboxWhileEditing
+ ViewOptionsEx2: wpPaintSymbolTextObjectsUsingD2D (for Emoji)
+ EditOptionsEx2: wpDontEnterHeaderOnClick
+ EditOptionsEx2: wpDontEnterFooterOnClick
- improvement of auto hyperlink creation
+++ included GLYPH files, as PNG and as resource files
+ TParagraph.SetText now returns the paragraph itself for nested assignments
+ TParagraph.Append (3 overloads) now return the paragraph itself for nested assignments
+ TParagraph.SetProperty(WPAT_Code: Byte; Value: Integer) : TParagraph;
+ function InputTextbox
+ GotoBody - to leave editing a layer, such as text box
+ new colspan parameter in TParagraph.AppendNewCell
function TParagraph.AppendNewCell(DontCopyStyle: Boolean = FALSE;colspan:Integer = 1): TParagraph;
* TWPRTFDataBlock.LoadFromStream now also has FormatString paramater
+ function GetSelStartEnd
+++ many improvements to make API more intuitive.
+ improved data access code
+ easier creation of template in code (for scripted creation)
+ new sample application
+ property AutoSelectEditMode in TWPBlockTemplateDB
+ added in 9.1.003: navigator property editor to locate the different elements of the template
+ support for chars>$FFFF
+ support for emoji painting
++ support for emoji dialog (WIN + .)
+ support for multi code emoji
+ improved HTML reading and writing
+ improved RTF reading and writing
++ function InputSymbol
* Usually vertical alignment only works in cells which are not separated by a page break. Now vertical bottom alignment in table rows which span 2 pages is supported if the larger cell(s) are positioned left to the aligned cell and if the aligned cell only contains one paragraph.
+ FormatOptionsEx2: wpfAutomaticHeaderOnEachPage;
+ FormatOptionsEx2: wpfNeverLookForInheritedHeaderFooterInSections
+ TWPPagePropertyRange: wpraOnGivenPageNr
- Improvement in selection inherited section header/footer
G) Property Grids
++ checkbox inplace editors
H) Compatibility enhancements
+ copy HTML format to clipboard - this makes it possible to paste formatted text inside Chrome
Requires activation in property ClipboardOptions: wpcoAlsoCopyHTML
+ RTF, HTML and DocX reader converts emoji codes to symbol objects
* the HTML reader now reads 'target' property of links
* improved compatibility when saving RTF with nested tables
* improved RTF reading when loading section properties
**** CHANGED BEHAVIOUR ****
* TWPToolBar.DrawOptions now defaults to [wptPaintThemed]
* SelectionAsString does not modify DefaultFont anymore
* Clicks on TextObjects are ignored if they are inside a hyperlink and OneClickHyperlink = true and object selection was not activated in EditOptions
* InsertGraphic sets the property StreamName if InsertLink=true. (Previously this property was set to '' if the image could be loaded right away with the OnRequestImage event)
* ViewOptionsEx - wppNoBlueRectsAroundFootnotesWhileEditing now only works for footnotes as intended.
* when loading RTF with nested table empty paragraphs after a nested table will be ignored (can be switched off with $define DONT_IGNORE_PAR_AFTER_NESTED_TABLE)