WPViewPDF plus v3 slow to create/save PDF to network share

• I have a simple WPViewPDF v3 PLUS program that works flawlessly on a local workstation, but will not run from (or save pdf to) a server folder.

The program:

1) loads a template PDF from server (this always works)

2) uses stamp function to add a line of text

3) saves the resulting PDF to a new name

That is - if my program runs local I can't save a pdf to a network share, and if the program runs from a network share, I can't save a PDF to local OR network share.

Have you seen this before, or is this likely something specific to a customer network?

Set up WPViewPDF:

To Load the template:

WPViewPDF1.LoadFromFile(FTemplateFileName);

To Save it:

WPViewPDF1.Plus.SaveToFile(FDestinationFolder+edt1.Text+'.pdf') ;

Thanks,

EdB

• I tried changing to LoadFileAsCopy (thanks for the hint) - no change.

This template PDF failed on about 20% of the machines I tested it on - some servers, some Win7 VMs, some win10 workstations...

Eventually I had the users recreate the template - it works flawlessly.

The template is a shipping customs form that needs a new "shipper" signature (just an image, not digital sig) and date entered every year.

They've used the previous year's (and shipper - they've gone through 6 in 3 years) PDF file and changed date and shipper name/sig image then saved it (Acrobat Pro XI).

Over and over.

Somewhere along the way, the file corrupted, but still loaded and displayed.

I have no idea why it failed on various machines - and at this point I don't care - the new template works.

Julian - do you want a copy of the "bad" file for testing?