Text cursor width

• Windows 10 allow a user to adjust the width of the text cursor (caret) in the Ease of Access settings, however, WPTools does not seem to honor that setting. Could this be changed or maybe point me to where in code I could change this? (yes, your text cursor is wider than some apps, but apparently some customers want it even thicker on smaller screen devices I guess)

We have several customers complaining about this as well as where Windows 10 stops it from blinking after 5 seconds. There is a registry fix for the blinking, but I had no answer for the width.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The width of the text cursor changes to full character width if in overwrite mode, otherwise it uses the width assigned to the global variable WPMINCursorWidth which defaults to 1.

The blinking is controlled by WPRichText.Caret.blink

• Thanks for the info on the cursor width (I'll see what I can do about using the Windows configured width).

One thing to note on the blinking is that the caret blinking duration is controlled by Windows 10, and they now stop it after 5 seconds by default:

https://superuser.com/questions/1436…s-on-windows-10

And I hate that as do so many others! Not sure why Microsoft decided to do that and not give users an easy way to configure it. Feels like something has locked up or is busy doing something when it isn't, and as such makes it hard to find where the cursor is in some cases. Not your concern, just me venting. ;)