Size image to table cell height?

• If I have a large image in a table cell it fits the cell. I can then adjust the table column width and the image sizes to fit the cell which increases or decreases the row height as needed. Is there a way to do the opposite, i.e. Adjust the row height to cause the cell width to increase or decrease? I have a customer that never wants the row height to change once he sets it up a certain way, so if he inserts an image he wants the width of the cell to change to maintain the aspect ratio. Currently the row height changes which throws off his page breaks, but if he also wanted to adjust the row height, the column width should change to maintain the aspect ratio.

The column width does not necessarily have to decrease, but they would like to be able to auto size the image to the row height, expanding the column width only if needed.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ehimmer (21. August 2020 um 23:51)

• What about an option to prevent the row height from changing when adding an image to a table cell? It wouldn't matter if the image doesn't fill the cell width in that case. Right now adding an image to a table cell always fills the width and expands the cell (row) height.

I suppose I might be able to handle this in code by scaling the image myself based on the cell height when pasting into the cell. What do you think before I look into it... possible?