wppInteractiveSelectionMarker feature does not work in some layout modes

• When in layout mode of wplayFullLayout with wppInteractiveSelectionMarker enabled, moving the markers works well. However, when the layout mode is wplayShowManualPageBreaks it does not work at all other than showing the markers.

For example, in wplayFullLayout when I move the mouse over a selection marker, it changes color (blue to light blue, then orange when dragging). But in wplayShowManualPageBreaks it doesn't change color at all and you cannot drag them. If you try, they just disappear.

WPRichText 9.2.001

Delphi 10.4.1

• Also want to add that when using a finger to drag the markers around, it seems to easily go out of sync with where your finger is vs where the marker is, especially when the dragging marker accidentally moves to another line and you try to bring it back up to the line you were on. It can be as much as a half inch off or more once that happens.

• Is there a way to make the markers a bit more forgiving? If I attempt to drag the circle part, it moves to the next line if my mouse grabbed it below the mid point of the circle it seems. And if I use my finger (when in wplayFullLayout anyway since it doesn't work when wplayShowManualPageBreaks), I always have to touch it above the circle. IMHO, it could be more forgiving... quite annoying for me at the moment as the markers seem to jump all over the place too much in real world conditions. Getting more frustrating to use, sorry.

• Just installed v9.2.002, seems mostly consistent between layout modes but not fully. It still could also be a little bit more forgiving as well because as soon as the mouse moves just below the center of the circle it thinks I want to move to the next line when in fact I was just trying to slide it to the right. Worse with my finger. I also cannot select text and then drag it to a new location with my finger. I can with a mouse, but not a finger (except on rare occurrences, just not sure what I do to make it move)

Here is a video showing the differences between the two layout modes. You will see that the circle changes color at different points within the circle between modes and how it too easily moves to the next line. The first part of the video is in wplayShowManualPageBreaks, the 2nd part is in wplayFullLayout.

Hope you can see what I mean.

MouseSelectionCircles.mp4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ehimmer (15. Januar 2021 um 23:47)