Finalbuilder settings for compiling 64 bit

• I have my finalbuilder script set to compile the 32 bit 10.4 and 11.0 package with the extra command line options of -LUDesignIDE

However, when I clone the action and set the 2nd action to compile with 64 bit, it fails to compile because the designIDE is not 64 bit. I tried removing the -LUDesignIDE and it still failed saying designide not found.

The only workaround I've been sucessfull with is to make a copy of the DPK and add a 64 to it and then remove designide from the required DCP.

Suggestions or is my workaround the only way?

Also - would like to compile via commandline batch file using msbuild The Win32 compiles, not the Win64

CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin\rsvars.bat"

CALL MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Release /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win32\Release" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win32\Release" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win32\Release" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bpl" "C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_DS.dproj"

CALL MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Release /p:platform=Win64 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win64\Release" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win64\Release" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\Win64\Release" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Win64\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Win64\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\win64\Bpl" "C:\_c\WPTools8\DXI_0\WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_DS.dproj"

Almost every component I use separates the design time and runtime packages since Delphi 7 so I'm use to compiling, for example, WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_RT.dproj first for Win32, then WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_RT.dproj for Win64, then WPTools9_Delphi_11_Pack_DT.dproj for the design time.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LanceRas (1. Oktober 2021 um 20:08)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used to have separate packages and unfortunately nothing but problems with it.

You can open any existing Delphi 10.x package in Delphi 11 and save it under a new name to continue to use it with Delphi 11. This is useful, if you use custom made package which combine different component sets.

I have fixed the dpk file in the meantime.

• Odd. I've never had problems separating the packages. I just only have the Reg unit in the designtime package and add the runtime to the required. Then in the runtime, I eliminate the reg unit and reference to the designide. I had to do that years ago with some legacy components when Delphi 7 came out.

It becomes really important when moving towards FMX stuff.