Problem with diacritical symbol V̇

• I have the problem that the character combination

is not displayed correctly in the PDF:

Zitat

wpEmbedType3 or wpEmbedCIDFonts =V̇

or

wpUseTrueTypeFonts oder wpUseBase14Type1Fonts or wpEmbedSymbolTrueTypeFonts oder wpEmbedSubsetTrueType_Charsets = V?

or

wpEmbedTrueTypeFonts oder wpEmbedSubsetTrueType_UsedChar = V[]

The character is located in an EMF, which I have drawed with

Code
    WPPDFPrinter.Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(0, 0, Round(LWidth * LRawScaleFactor), Round(LHeight * LRawScaleFactor)), Metafile);

onto the PrinterCanvas.

Only if I use the Flag:

Code
    WPPDFPrinter.Modes := WPPDFPrinter.Modes + [wpTextAsGlyphs];

the symbol is displayed correctly. But this also has the effect that my 33 page PDF is 8 times as large as when the flag is not set.

Is there any way to display the symbol properly without converting all the characters in the PDF to glyphs?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Drucker (28. Februar 2022 um 12:45)

• Drucker 28. Februar 2022 um 12:46

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Problem mit diakritischem Zeichen V̇“ zu „Problem with diacritical symbol V̇“ geändert.
  • Too bad there is no solution to the problem. I'm afraid that the Type3 fonts will not help me.

As I described above, when the wpEmbedType3 flag is set, the dot appears next to the V.

V̇ is not a specific symbol, of a specific font.

The symbol is composed of V and ̇ (U+0307 Combining dot above).

In Word, for example, you would type V0307 and then press alt+c and the result is V̇.

Only the wpTextAsGlyphs mode displays the combining character correctly. But what results is that all characters in the PDF become glyphs and the file gets bloated.

If it is possible to work around the problem with Type3 Fonts, could you send me a small code example? Because it's not clear to me how I could solve the problem with that.