Background color not consistent height

• If I include a Windings character along with some Arial characters, the background color of the wingdings chars are not the same height as the Arial chars. It seems to be one pixel off and looks unprofessional. For example:

x this is a test

if all are at 10pt and x is a wingdings checkbox with a x and I set the background of all the chars to red, the red for the x is missing the lower row of red pixels.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://whispersolutions.com/downloads/BackgroundColorIssue.png]

Maybe it has to do with the font's height as defined by the font itself, but I can do the same thing in Microsoft Word and it doesn't present this artifact. Maybe it looks at char heights adjacent to it to compute a consistent height. If so, can that be implemented in WPTools?

• I found a FormatOption that seems to correct it, wpUseAbsoluteFontHeight, but not sure what else it might affect and I don't want my reports to be negatively impacted, such as inline images etc. Can you explain what this option does any more than just your comment of "Calculate the height of the text using the font size alone".

• I found a FormatOption that seems to correct it, wpUseAbsoluteFontHeight, but not sure what else it might affect and I don't want my reports to be negatively impacted, such as inline images etc. Can you explain what this option does any more than just your comment of "Calculate the height of the text using the font size alone".