Beiträge von csmith

Since the v4 forum is closed, I'm asking this here...

I'm trying re-create the development environment that was used to create an older program, which included WPTools v4 on Builder v5 C\C++. It's been a long time since I've installed WPTools and assume there was a trick to properly install it.

I'm able to compile the WPShared_BCB5_RT.bpk and WPShared_BCB5.bpk. In $(BCB)\Projects\Bpl, there are WPShared_BCB5 & RT files (.tds, .bpl) and in the \Lib, there are WPShared_BCB5 * RT files (.bpi, .lib).

Then I try to compile WPTools_BCB5_RT.bpk, but get an error message that the WPTools_BCB5.bpi is not found (vcl50.bpi, WPShared_BCB5.bpi and WPTools_BCB5.bpi are shown as Requires). Based on the manual, it says to compile the RT files first. However, I had to comple WPShared_BCB5.bpk first, otherwise it will complain about WPShared_BCB5.bpi not being there also.

I tried to compile WTools_BCB5.bpk but it couldn't find WPTools.lib.

So the question is, what do I compile to get WPTools_BCB.bpi and .lib?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Craig.

Is it possible to SaveToFile the RTF contents of the wprichtext to a temporary file and is there a Word method to Append the RTF file to the word component?

Have you looked at LoadToStream and SaveToStream methods?

I did a copy/paste from wprichtext component into word using Ctl-C/Ctl-V. I looked at the clipboard contents (clipbrd.exe), and you will only see the text. If you save the clipboard contents and look at it's contents, you will see the binary info for the images.

Are you able to do this? If not, check the ClipboardOptions (mine are all false) and WriteBitmapMode (wbmDIBBitmap).

Alternative, could save richtext into temporary RTF file and read it back in to the word doc?

I'm using WPRichText contents as a field in a table and creating a report using RAVE (reportprinter pro - code based).

In the past (when editing), the ruler had darker gray areas on the left and right, along with the margin markers. When I created the report, the richtext contents would look correct and each page would end properly at the page end. Currently these older richtext fields still look good.

However, some how the dark gray area on the left and right on the ruler disappeared. When generating a report with the new contents of the field, the pages will run off the end/bottom. The only temporary solution is to add blank lines at the bottom of each page in the richtext document.

When I turn off text wrapping, the bottom is correct, but the text will run off the page on the right.

What happened and what can I do to correct this?

Thanks,

Craig.

Julian,

I removed the wpdf.bpi from the Package list, but now it comes up with a linker error: Unable to open fiel 'WPDF.LIB'.

I also checked the INC file and the WPPDFEX is not defined =>{.$DEFINE WPPDFEX}.

I downloaded the BC6 demo version and tried to install it. However it is looking for wPDF.bpi and can't find it. Note that I compiled and installed the shared stuff first.

Note also a few months earlier, I downloaded the BC5 version and had to comment out the USESDB in order for it to compile.

Currently have BC++Builder Pro 3,5 and now 6.

Any suggestions on how to get the BC6 version going?

Thanks,
    Craig.