Beiträge von Trevor

1.For a WPForm there is LabelDef property which has

LabelLeftBorder_mm
    labelTopBorder_mm

which appear to be page margins. There is also the Page property with

Bottom
    Left
    Right

margins. How do these work together? Does setting one, set the other ones?

2. Similarly, what does the SetPaperSize propert of LabelDef do?

WPTools/Reporter has a page setup dialog where you can set the paper size, margins etc.
    There isn't one for the WPForm (we use it for label definitions). Does anyone have one which looks like the WPTools page dialog, I can have?

I didn't want to write my own.

Also, I cannot seem to get the paper size (A4, A5 etc) and all the margins etc to SAVE and LOAD when I save the form. It always appears as custom size not A4. It is set as A4 by default.

Help!?

I have a field (or replaceable text) which is placed in the report header, but doesn't wrap.

The problem is that *any* long text whether in a table cell or not fails to wrap when defined in a header. If the field/text is put in a Text band then it wraps ok whether or not it is in a cell.

Exporting as RTF for loading into other RTF editors such as MS Word. Page layout and margin information is ignored by MS Word. In the WPTools component a page was set as A4. In MSWord, the paper size shows as “Letter” not “A4” and the margins are the defaults for Word not the ones defined in the rtf editor.

Exporting. MS Word doesn’t understand the headers – they only show at the top of the first page and not on any other pages.

We have the WPSuperMerge properties (which merge into a WPRichText before exporting):

FooterOptions:= wpsmFooterAsPageFooterText;
    FooterStrategyUseMax:=True;
    HeaderOptions:=wpsmHeaderStandard;
    IgnorePageHeight:=False;

I use this line to make sure the header properties are copied from the original document to the second WPRichText (where the report is merged to):
    WPRichText2.FastCopyProperties(WPRichText1.Header);

Any ideas why Word cannot make sense of the headers or layout?

Thanks this works much better. There is still a spelling mistake on the previewer, reported a long time ago:
    The previous page hint says "Previos" rather than "Previous".

Trevor

Do you have any rough idea of when 4.22+ may be released fixing the print preview probs (white on white in Win98, 2 page preview not working) etc. This will help us know when we can release an update to our customers.

Thanks

I now have set
    ppProtected := True;
    ppHidden := False;
    ppIsInsertpoint := False;
    ppAutomatic := True;
    ppIsInvisible := False;
    ppParProtected := False;
    ppProtectSelectedTexttoo := False;
    ppDontCopyProtectedAttribute:=False;
    ppDontUseAttrOfProtected:=False;
    ppNoEditAfterProtection := False;
    ppInsertBetweenProtectedPar := False;
    ppAllowEditAtTextEnd := True;
    ppAllExceptForEditFields := False;

Now what happens is that a field is inserted <FIELDNAME> and it now lets me insert spaces after the closing > and also lets me delete the field, including in a table.
    BUT, because the "<" and the "FIELDNAME>" are separate, I can insert text between them, which I don't want to allow. It is not an insert point, just a field tag on the screen for mail-merging. Also I can delete the first "<" leaving a useless "FIELDNAME>" on the page.

Thanks for you help

Trevor

Zitat

It is possible that the protection also plays a bad trick here. It works in the editor so I think it is the propertzy ppProtectedPar in protected prop

I have ppProtected set as True (necessary so that users cannot type text into the middle of a field!), and ppParProtected set as false.

Still, I cannot insert a space after inserting a field, yet CAN enter text after the '<' and before the 'FIELDNAME>'

Ideas?

Some customers need to print 1000's of letters using wptools, and having 1000's of items in the printer spooler queue can sometimes cause a problem. Is it possible in WPTools anyway to produce one single print job containing many documents? (Each one could be a completely different document, template, page numbering etc)

I was wondering whether the BeginPrint and EndPrint type commands to signifiy start and end of a print job could be wrapped around a number of reports?

1. If I have a table then under then a field, then a band or something, I cannot delete the field. For example, I insert using WPRichText1.InputField('<',FieldName+'>',FieldName); it is often impossible to delete it.

2. A Table of one row, two columns with fields only (as above) in each cell - when you delete one row using the WPtoolbar, you are left with the 1st field on 1 line not in a table and the 2nd column one line below to the right in a single cell table.

3. Undo - does not seem to undo the deletion of that row.

If I use WPRichText1.InputField('<','A_FIELD>','FIELDNAME'); it correctly inserts <AFIELD> into the text, and a runtime, the software will insert the correct data.

But... Since I use field highlighting, it is obvious to my users that the first '<' highlights independantly of the 'AFIELD>' part, and that if you get the cursor between the parts you can type in!

eg <dhjanjksnxjhnsxsAFIELD>

Upon output of course it generates FIELDNAMEdhjanjksnxjhnsxs and this is very confusing. will there be a fix to make the whole inserted field be protected froom insertion between the < and >, and will there be a way to get the hot highlighting of the field to highlight it all and not just one part < or AFIELD> ??