Beiträge von racltd

Hi Julian,
    Clients that use my WP Tools application are required to import their existing MS Word documents the application. If there is no import function in version 5, I simply can't sell my application.

That said, it is also very important that a client be able to export their WP Tools documents back into an MS Word format. i.e. I must be able to show a client that they can use my application and then switch back to using MS Word if they don't like it, without any impact to their documents.

When will the import feature be available. This is very important.

Thank-you,
    David Reid

Hi Herb,
    Thanks again for responding. Even though you may not be an "expert" it's nice to get a fresh perspective on a problem.

Anyway, to answer your questions, most of the time my clients are pasting screenshots into the documents. Do you know what the image format of a screenshot is? If it is not a JPEG, which I'm assuming it isn't, do you know how to convert it to one?

Thanks again Herb. I appreciate the post.

Hi Herb,
    I looked in the Header.StoreOptions property and the binary setting is turned on. However, I noticed in the load options an loIgnoreGraphics setting. Is it possible to initially ignore graphics when the document is loaded, and then, after the text is loaded, load the graphics one at a time?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Julian, and thanks for your reply.

In the Header.LoadOptions property I did not see an AddStyle setting, but I did see these settings:
    - loApplyParagraphStylesAfterReading
    - loAddReadParagraphStyles
    Are these the settings that you were referring to?

I also noticed that the sample WP word processor does convert my document quite well, but the application that I built does not. Is there any way I can look at the code for the sample word processor, as I'd like to compare it to my program?

Thanks again.

Hello,
    I am finding that some MS Word documents are not converting to WP Tools very well at all. After reading the forum, I found that in order for the conversion to word properly the WPWordConv unit must be included in the form's uses clause. However, even after I included this unit, the documents are still not being converted properly. Can you tell me why this might be happening, or am I doing something wrong?

Also ... does the RTF engine of V5 convert documents better than V4.

Thanks again.

Hi there,
    How are styles going to be different in Version 5, compared to Version 4? I have found Version 4 to be buggy and difficult to work with, and was hoping that some of these problems would be fixed in Version 5.

Thank-you.

Hi,
    I have a document that is around 40 pages long and has a few images in it. Initially I created the document in WP Tools and then recreated it in MS Word. I noticed two things:
    1. In MS Word the document was 926 KB, but in WP Tools the document was over 100 MB!
    2. The document loaded virtually instantly in MS Word, but took over one minute in WP Tools. Note that I do understand that MS Word loads the document differently than WP Tools by loading the text immediately and then loading the images as it can.

This is obviously a very big problem for us. Is there something I can do with V4 of WP Tools to get around these problems? And, will V5 handle images and load-time better?

Thank-you.

FYI. Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum the first time

Hi,
    I need to place a TDBWPRichText control inside a TDBCtrlGrid control, but each time I try to do it I get the error "Control cannot be used in a DBCtrlGrid".
    I've tried to add the this line of code to the TDBWPRichText object's constructor:
    "ControlStyle := ControlStyle + [csReplicatable];"

... but that doesn't fix the problem.

How can I get this to work?

Thanks,
    Dave Reid

Hi,
    I have a client that needs to use styles in the program that I am building for him. The problem is that there are some bugs with the way styles have been implemented. Here are the bugs that are giving us the most problems:
    1. Incomplete Shading - In this example assume that we have two styles; Style 1 has a shaded background and a border (applied via the "Draw box" option), and Style 2 has a plain white background. If the user applies Style 1, a border will be drawn around the text (which spans the width of the page) and the area within the border will be appropriately shaded. Now if the user applies Style 2, the border and shading will be removed correctly. The problem is in the next step. Now the user tries to apply Style 1 again. This time the border will be drawn around the text properly but only the area within the border that has text will be shaded, i.e., the deadspace is not shaded, instead it is coloured white.
    2. Borders not clearing - In this example assume that we again have two styles; Style 1 has a border (applied via the "Draw box" option), and Style 2 does not. If the user applies Style 1, a border will be drawn around the text, which spans the width of the page. If the user now applies Style 2, the border is not removed.

:!: It seems to me that both of these bugs stem from the fact that the styles are not being cleared properly. Please let me know how I can fix this bug.

Thank-you,
    David Reid

FYI Julian, I sent this message to you directly the first time I sent it. Sorry about that, I didn't realize that I could sent private and public message on this forum.