Beiträge von wis

Added the units manually and got one step further. Seems like the only thing remaining to get WPTools with ppWPtools to compile is this error in ppWPTools.pas

Code at line 593:
    "if aDevice is TppGraphicsDevice then
    begin
    TppGraphicsDevice(aDevice).DrawBorder(Self, DrawRect);
    end;"

With the error: TppGraphicsDevice does not contain a member named DrawBorder.

If I comment out the four lines, everything compiles perfectly.

Many thanks for the help so far.

Still getting error compiling with ppWPTools:

- Dialog with the following error message
    Heading: Error reading form: frmppWPTEDit
    Message: Class TWPToolbar not found. Ignore the error and continue?

After ignoring the error I get undeclared identifiers on the following
    - wpmHome
    - TLoadOptions
    - loIgnoreHeaderFooter
    and so on

Remove ppWPTools from WPTools-prosject and all compiles.

We have tried to install ppWPTools in WPTools 7 with Delphi XE5 and ReportBuilder 15.01, but have some problems installing the ppWPTools package. We get errors compiling stating undeclared/missing identifiers in the ppWPToolsReg.pas and more, f.ex undeclared identifier: wpmHome.

Now we have WPTools 7 Professional Bundle without ppWPTools installed, but are experiencing some problems with that as well. The installation went on without problems. When we create a new project, add a TWPRichText-component, add a BeforePasteText-event, everything turns red in the declaration. F.ex TWPRTFDataCollection is marked red as undeclared identifier. The adding of the component and saving the form adds the following to uses "WPRTEDefs, WPCTRMemo, WPCTRRich", but the identifiers does not become declared before I manually add WPRTEEdit.

Hope someone can help us solve the problems.

Hi,

Is it possible to clear the inspname in the onMailMergeGetText event so that the field can not be merged a second time?

I still want it to be marked as a mailmerge field thou:-)

Best regards
    Ove Halseth

Looks like the problem is related to the TMS-component pack we are using together with WPTools. The marker is displayed correctly when the WPRichText is located on the form, but the problem appears when the TAdvPanel or TAdvOfficePager is the parent (or is in the structure beneath the controller).

Having some problem with the marker not being visible in the editor. When we click in the editor the marker blink for a short moment, then disappears completely. Sometimes the marker are visible in two places when clicking in the document. The problem appears on most computers, but not on all. This problem makes it very difficult to see where in the document you are before you type something. The problem is reported by many of our customers.

No change. Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but the problem seem related to RTF-kode. The reports made with WPTools' own format seems to work fine, but reports made in standard RTF-format overflows the page borders for some customers. Have tried updating both OS and printer drivers for the customers having this problem.

I will make a project I can send you with prints (correct vs corrupted).

Information:
    - Delphi 2009 (Update 4)
    - ReportBuilder 11.05
    - WPTools 6.08

We are having some problem with text overflow using the wptools component for reportbuilder on some of our customer's computers. The problem is not related to OS or the content being displayed in the component.

We have testet the same data/text on different computers, and most of them show the text as it should. The lines are broken at the width of the component, and the component expands correctly downwards showing all the text.

The ones that fails shows the text going on beyond the page border, and the length of the lines are about the same as shown in a TWPRichText component on a Delphi form.

We have tried different settings on "ReprintOnOverflow", "ShiftRelativeToParent" and "Stretch". Can't find the difference between the computers that shows the text correctly and those who fails, even with the same OS installed.

The problem now appears in 2 of our software solutions, and the only thing that we have change from the version that worked for everyone until now is updating from WPTools5 (D7) to WPTools6 (D2007/2009). I can send you a print of the problem if needed.

Before pagebreak: http://www.wis.no/tiltak/fil/WPTBefore.rtf
    After pagebreak:http://www.wis.no/tiltak/fil/WPTAfter.rtf

You might need to adjust the number of line in the cell to make it jump by a couple of lines. When the document is opened in Word 2007, the problem is gone (meaning the bottom line of the cell, is at the bottom of the cell without the large white area). In some tables (documents) the white space takes the whole second page if there is no text/objects after the broken cell/table. The text is also tested in WPTools Multi Demo (Default Editor - F7), and the same problem appear.

-- Edited, added new information --

When you add many lines of text to a table cell, and the cell breaks to the next page, there will be a blank space on the next page even if there's only one line of text on that page. Seems that the broken cell becomes as large on the second page as it is on the first page (or something like that). Can post an illustration of the problem if you want.

We have a program that uses WPTools v6, and are having some trouble with merging edit fields.

Our program uses a standard document with edit fields for merge of title, date, address information a.s.o, and this document has a edit field for merging of other documents. The problem is that the style of the edit field for merging other documents in to the standard document, affects the first paragraph of the other documents. This also applies when there is no style set to the edit field. So if the standard document has a edit field without style, and I want to merge a new documents into this edit field, I have to a a blank paragraph to the document I am merging. If not, the first paragraph (if for example set to Heading 1) will loose it's style and be displayed as regular text (normal text size, no bold a.s.o).

This is a relatively serious problem for us since we allow our users to create both standard documents with merge field, and documents that will be merged into those standard documents. It is a bit strange to tell all our clients to add a blank paragraph to all documents they want to merge.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
    Stian Ertvaag
    Waade Information System AS

Hi,
    We experience an annoying problem in TDBWPRichText components. When we start writing in a new document the editor keeps the style used in the previous document (actually the style used in the previous cursor position). We want to reset the writing attributes when starting a new document. How can we do this?

We'll try to solve our problem in WPTools 5 this time.
    Narrowing down the problem, we can describe it something like this:

1. We can locate the text we want to copy to another WPTools editor by looping through mailmergefields. When reaching the correct mailmerge field, how can we select and copy the entire line of text this mailmerge field belongs to and paste it into another WPTools editor?

2. How do we repeat the line of text pasted into the second editor?

3. How do we replace the original line of text in the first editor with the multiple lines in the second editor?