Beiträge von ehimmer

Well, yeah, I do that and could prefix it with a # when outputting to HTML instead of RTF for PDF creation, but where is the hyperlink going to go? How do I set the ID on the destination element? It would be nice if bookmarks automatically converted to say a SPAN element with the ID equal to the bookmark name, and likewise automatically prefixed the hyperlink source with the # (but I can do that latter part easily).

So basically, what can I use instead of a bookmark when outputting to HTML to be able to set the destination element's ID? Seems the bookmarks are not output in any form when creating HTML.

I'd like to provide a way to have a TOC in an HTML output that hyperlinks to another location within the document. For example, in HTML you can have a hyperlink use href="#some_id" which locates something that has the attribute of id="some_id", such as a SPAN element.

Is there a way to do this? I already add bookmarks for this when creating a TOC for PDFs as well as user bookmarks, and it would be cool if you could automatically convert them to the above when outputting as HTML. But I am fine with having to do it in code but I just don't know how to do that and if it is even possible.

Right now for HTML output the TOC hyperlinks create the href but without the # prefix, so it attempts to open an external page, and bookmarks don't even get output, but would be nice if they get output as a span using the bookmark name as the ID.

Thoughts?

There is a global variable, BulletIndent, to set the bullet indent and a method to set the DefaultNumberIndent. Is there something similar to a level indent? Seems the WPAIncIndent1 action always indents a half inch (720 twips).

If I set an image to be positioned under text and move it behind a table, I cannot then select the image anymore. I believe one can typically use the Shift Key to select the image instead of the text in front of it, but when behind a table this does not work because the shift key functionality for the table (to select multiple rows/columns) takes precedence. Is there a way to select an image under a table without having to first resize the table to make it smaller than the image?

When I toggle to what I call "Page View", I set these properties:

And when toggling to what I call "Text View" I do this:

Other than that I may have to send you a sample program to see what other property settings that might be causing this, but which would be the same for each layout mode.

Scrolling a WPRichText using the mouse wheel does not appear to honor Window 10's Mouse Wheel line scrolling setting of "choose how many lines to scroll each time" like other editors such as Word does. Is this by design or am I missing something?

Thanks.

I've been using the standard WPTools zoom actions WPAZoomIn and WPAZoomOut. The zoom increments in steps of 20% when it is >= 100% and steps of 10% when it is <= 80%. The mouse wheel zoom steps vary and is not consistent, but that is probably OK. Is there anyway to set my own zoom values for the actions? Specifically when using the WPAZoomIn/Out actions and the current zoom level is >= 100%? (I'd like the actions to be consistent at 10% no matter what the current zoom level is (rounding at steps of 10%, so if it is at 105%, it would increment to 110% or decrement to 100%).

I tried to do this in my own Paste action (and turn it back on after):

Code
    if not (
      ClipBoard.HasFormat(CF_METAFILEPICT) or
      ClipBoard.HasFormat(CF_ENHMETAFILE) or
      ClipBoard.HasFormat(CF_BITMAP) or
      ClipBoard.HasFormat(CF_PICTURE) ) then
    begin
      WPRichText1.ClipboardOptions := WPRichText1.ClipboardOptions - [wpcoDontPasteGraphics];
    end;

But noticed that you also use the wpcoDontPasteGraphics as if it was a wpcoDontCopyGraphics as well, so I cannot copy linked images when that option is set. Can you add a wpcoDontPasteGraphics option to the clipboard options so it can bet set separately?

I wanted to use your clipboard option to prevent pasting of bitmaps and other graphics into a WPRichText because I only want linked images. I can paste a linked image in code, but I cannot copy and paste that same linked image into the same or another WPRichText when that option is set.

Is there a way to allow a clipboard copy/paste of a linked image yet still prevent copy/paste of a non-linked image?

When I enable the wpDisableTouch in EditOptionsEx2 (v9.2.002), I cannot scroll with my fingers at all. In 9.2.001, I with DELPHI_TOUCH switch off, I could still scroll using two fingers. I prefer the single finger scrolling as with wpDisableTouch off, but I lose some functionality with selecting text and then moving the selected text to a new location (with fingers).

Just installed v9.2.002, seems mostly consistent between layout modes but not fully. It still could also be a little bit more forgiving as well because as soon as the mouse moves just below the center of the circle it thinks I want to move to the next line when in fact I was just trying to slide it to the right. Worse with my finger. I also cannot select text and then drag it to a new location with my finger. I can with a mouse, but not a finger (except on rare occurrences, just not sure what I do to make it move)

Here is a video showing the differences between the two layout modes. You will see that the circle changes color at different points within the circle between modes and how it too easily moves to the next line. The first part of the video is in wplayShowManualPageBreaks, the 2nd part is in wplayFullLayout.

Hope you can see what I mean.

MouseSelectionCircles.mp4

My users want to be able to scroll and select like it was before in our older app that used WPTools5, which they really liked. The new DELPHI_TOUCH methods are just too difficult and confusing for inspectors since they want their finger to act just like a mouse.

Functionality they like from WPTools5:

• If a single finger starts moving up or down, then it is a scroll function.
    • If a single finger is on text and you start left or right, then it starts a select.
    • If it is on an image, it is a move image operation.

All this is just like your finger is a mouse (yes, they have that tablet (Surface Pro) option set to make a pen act like a mouse but only applies to a pen not a finger).

I was hoping disabling the DELPHI_TOUCH switch would revert back to the old functionality, but while it comes very very close, the one exception is that you need to use two fingers to scroll which means any single finger movement is a select.

Our inspectors tend to hold the tablet with one hand and want to scroll with the same hand using their thumb much like you do on a phone. Either that, or they might be holding another tool in the other hand and can only manage one finger on that other hand to control the tablet without first putting down that tool. Try it... hold a flashlight in one hand, the tablet in the other and try a two finger scroll.

I had to disable the DELPHI_TOUCH switch for better tablet operation for our users to be more like it was in the the older WPTools (specifically WPTools 5). However, this prevents a finger scroll of the Print Preview window.

I did find a way to get it to work. However, I have to use two fingers, and my customers want a single finger scroll capability (they are inspectors, and the way they hold a tablet and other tools, they would like to use one hand to hold the tablet and scroll at the same time with the same hand, such as with their thumb like you typically do on phone. Either that, or they might be holding another tool in the other hand and can only manage one finger on that other hand to control the tablet without first putting down that tool. Try it... hold a flashlight in one hand, the tablet in the other and try a two finger scroll.

I had to add this to the TWPPreviewForm.FormCreate to at least allow a two finger scroll, but it is not good enough:

Code
    WPPreview1.Touch.InteractiveGestures := [igPan, igZoom];

WPTools 9.2.001

Delphi 10.4.1

Is there a way to make the markers a bit more forgiving? If I attempt to drag the circle part, it moves to the next line if my mouse grabbed it below the mid point of the circle it seems. And if I use my finger (when in wplayFullLayout anyway since it doesn't work when wplayShowManualPageBreaks), I always have to touch it above the circle. IMHO, it could be more forgiving... quite annoying for me at the moment as the markers seem to jump all over the place too much in real world conditions. Getting more frustrating to use, sorry.

For completeness, I now paint the "link" image only if the image is within bookmarked text. Code follows: