Beiträge von hsitz

Zitat von wpsupport

Thats because each table is probably hold in a seperate row. This can happen if the sizes of the table are different in header/footer/data bands.

To always avoid that you can set the option flag in WPSuperMerge:
    wpFixAllColumnWidth
    and disable wpSplitTablesWithDifferentWidths

Julian -- Thanks, but still can't get it working properly.

The thing that seems strange is that this doesn't happen when there are separate header/data/footer rows. It's happening for me only when I'm doing a simple mailmerge with a single table row (i.e., no supermerge groups or bands at all).

I tried setting wpFixAllColumnWidth and that doesn't affect the problem. Can't find the wpSplitTbles. . . property. Was that property added only recently, or is it on some object other than wpsupermerge?

-- Herb

Zitat von hsitz

Julian -- I did have tbAutoSizeTables set to true in the result wprichtext, but that didn't seem to be affecting things.

Hmm, not sure what was happening there. Now I am getting good behavior (i.e., proper resizing) with merely having DisableAutoSizeTables at false and still having MergeField codes in the document.

This happens only after I save and reload the merge result document, though. If I try to resize columns in document table that has just been generated (i.e. not saved and reloaded) then I still have the problems. If I use the DeleteThisField option to get fieldcodes out in the merge process then I have no problems.

(EDITED) OKAY, I FOUND THE MAIN PROBLEM. I was working with project where I had simply incorporated the tbxdemo into my project and made changes from there. Turns out that the WPRichText1TextObjectClick or WPRichText1TextObjectMouseDown (or both) were causing the problem. After disabling those events things work fine with mergefield codes in result document.

Still wondering about the simple MailMerge, though, where resizing only does current row's column.

Julian -- I did have tbAutoSizeTables set to true in the result wprichtext, but that didn't seem to be affecting things. The resizing bar showed up and I could move it, sometimes (rarely) the colum would rezize, more often the column would not. Behavior didn't change after I disabled autosizetables.

I was not modifying contents.options anywhere but I added the line:

contents.options := contents.options + [mmDeleteThisField]

to the MailMergeGetText event. This works well for SuperMerge; I don't have the mergefield codes in result and the table columns resize easily.

However this seems to create a problem with my simple MailMerge (e.g., not SuperMerge) that uses the same MailMergeGetText event. When i do a simple MailMerge after havin added the mmDeleteThisField flag the merge result has same number of rows as the dataset, but all rows in merge result show data from the same dataset record.

That brings up another question. If I use tables in a simple mailmerge then when I resize a column in the result it resizes only the column for the current row, no resizing of all columns in table. This has been behavior with simple MailMerge result in every case no matter how I've changed property settings.

Zitat von wpsupport

PageUp/Down modifies the cursor position, so the moved distance always changes. . . .

Julian -- Thanks, but I'm talking about behavior with ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdn. These don't seem to move the cursor position and my understanding is that behavior is supposed to be like that in MS Word, which uses them to move from top of one document page to top of next (or previous) document page.

If I have zoom at 'full page' then this movement with WP5 is close to, but not exactly, a full page. The top of the page gradually moves up or down the screen and it is particularly hard to tell what is happening (i.e., whether movement is a full page or not) when top of page is near top or bottom of the viewport.

If I have zoom at some level greater than full page (eg., 150%) then the ctrl-pgup, ctrl-pgdn combinations seem to very rarely result in the top of the pages even being in the viewport when I page through document using them. This is very different from MS Word, where use of these keys always results in top of next or previous page being at static position within viewport as you page through.

I can resize table columns fine in ordinary tables. But tables that are the result of a merge don't behave properly when trying to resize columns. About one time in twenty it works; all other times the cursor creates the straight vertical line that indicates resizing, but there is no way to "let go" of the cursor and when i finally manage to somehow get the cursor unstuck the column remains the same size.

I assume the problem is caused by all the data in the table being surrounded by mergefield indicators. I don't need this text as field data anymore and I have enabled the 'wpDeleteFieldsInDestination' option on my wpSuperMerge component but the merge result still has all text wrapped in the original merge code.

Is there some way to get the surrouding merge field indicators deleted from text that is merged, whether from a supermerge or a regular merge? Or is there something else that can be done to enable proper resizing of table columns in merge results?

Thanks,

Herb

The implementation of moving up and down through the document by a full page doesn't seem to work quite right.

In MS Word when I do this the top of the document stays rock solid at a single point on the screen as each successive or preceding page is shown.

When I navigate through same document in WP5 the top of the viewed page slowly moves up or down in the view window; seems like close to a full page of movement but never quite exactly a full page, with the effect that the user has to pay attention to what is happening and in some cases it's not clear whether the movement has been by a full page or not.

Is there some easy way to modify this behavior so top of viewed page stays at constant position in the viewport as user cycles through pages with ctrl-pgup or ctrl-pgdn?

-- Herb

I'm trying to figure out how to use the WPEval and WPFormula Interface components for users to do calcuations in tables. Problem is I can't see how these are integrated into the user interface at all.

I've looked at the calc demo that comes with WPReporter and it appears that all the cell paragraph names and formulas are set in code. I can see the ASetStringProp commands setting the names and the commands for cell paragraphs.

My question is whether there is any built-in support for users to modify these values through the user interface? Or even for the developer to set these values in an rtf file through the user interface, without having to do things all in code. I can see this formula calculation stuff could be very nice, but if it all has to be done in code then it's not very flexible as is, requires lots of extra work.

Zitat von wpsupport

Thanks for your hint. Maybe the implemenetation of TBX has changed since it appears to work here.

Hmm, that's strange. The version of the TBX WP5 demo that ships with WP5 actually has different values in the stringlist property for the tbxstringlist in the toolbar item and the stringlist in the menu item. Seems to indicate that these are not shared and are actually different objects. So fix I made changed it to work with whichever TBXStringlist had been changed (i.e., the sender), rather than always the TBXStringlist of the toolbar button. Are you sure it wasn't just appearing to work because the toolbar stringlist and menu item stringlist were happening to be on same item?

The zoom option in the View menu in the TBX menu doesn't work right and i can't figure out what's wrong. The zoom button on the toolbar works fine.

I've looked at the logic for the 'after change' event of the tbxstringlist that is part of the zoom menu item and I can't figure out what's wrong. One problem is that there is a missing item from the list of options in the stringlist; I think a new first line needs to be added to the TStrings property with string value of "Normal". That fixes part of the problem with zoom adjustments not corresponding to the zoom choice selected.

The other problem is that when a zoom selection of 'xx%' is selected the setzoom function in the event handler is not adjusting the zoom to the value selected. I haven't been able to figure this one out; the setzoom function executes with the proper argument but the zoom isn't being adjusted properly.

What is the problem here? It's existed with WP5 TBXDemo since first release of WP5, as far as I know.

Thanks for any help.

-- Herb

Zitat von wpsupport

I could easily spend a week to design such a dialog (with different paper options etc)

Julian -- I respect your decision, that's fine.

But it seems a little odd to me that I and others buy WPTools -- a word processing component often intended for use with correspondence -- and then I have to write my own dialog to handle printing of envelopes. And I can guarantee you that if it takes you a week it would take me far more.

I understand that this functionality is not part of the core wp engine. But if it's something that 90% or 95% of wptools customers would make use of, it doesn't seem it should matter to you whether it's part of core functionality or not.

Again, I don't want to give the impression that I'm upset with you or your decision. I think WPTools is a great product, and you give excellent support. I'm just trying to give you some feedback.

Zitat von wpsupport

I added so much extra to WPTools 5 the last months without getting feedback for the new features. I think I am better off making the kernel even more bulletproof - and also optimize the WPReporter since it appears to work with its new concept much better than anytime before.

That evelope form is mainly dialog logic, not word processing API.

Julian --

Thanks. If a built-in envelope printing dialog is something most of your users want, I'm not sure why it would make any difference whether it's part of the wp API or not.

On the other hand, if I'm the only one who would want it then then I understand it's not a very high priority. Still, it's something I've wanted for over a year and I never made a feature request. I assume there are other users who want it but haven't mentioned it either, or who have just quietly rolled-their-own.

Zitat von wpsupport

With the mailmerge WPTolls can print on an envelope quite easily.

I'm not sure why you're referring to mailmerge. I'm talking about just printing a single envelope for a letter document that my users have open in WPTools. Is there something in mailmerge that will help with this?

All I want is simple dialog with entry areas for envelope address and return address, and graphic (as in MS Word) that indicates orientation of envelope needed for user's printer. I'm sure it's not that hard, but I'm unsure about parts needed to get printer info, handling printer bin changing, and handling graphic for envelope orientation.

In lieu of supporting envelope printing via a WPTools dialog, any chance of getting a simple demo app added that demonstrates this? I realize it's a pretty simple thing to just set paper size and print an envelope. Getting a polished dialog like MS Word's seems like a bit more work.

-- Herb

Julian --

The new label printing functionality in WP5 is great. I still really wish it had easy-to-use support for envelope printing, though. This seems like something a large percentage of WP5 users would want and it seems like a lot of wasted effort for everyone to build their own. Plus, I'm sure you could do a better job than I could.

I'm thinking of something that replicates some or all of functionality in the MS Word 'Envelopes and Labels" dialog:

As far as I'm concerned I don't care if it has all of the fancy stuff. Just the basics would be enough to get me going.

Any chance of simplified envelope printing support being added to WP5 any time soon? Would it be as a complete dialog component?

-- Herbert Sitz

Zitat von wpsupport

Hi,

I have now posted Release 5.11.

I just tested the copying - it seems to work so far.
    The table properties are now also copied.

I will be away until Thursday. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Julian Ziersch

Thanks for the udpate. -- Herb

Zitat von wpsupport

Please activate
    wpDisableAutosizeTables
    in FormatOptions.

Julian -- Thanks, setting wpDisableAutosizeTables to True makes tables usable.

There is still a problem, though. In my merge template document I have a two column table that extends only 2" from left margin. However, when I perform a supermerge the table in the resulting document has the second column stretched all the way to the right margin. This is despite the fact that wpDisableAutosizeTables is also True in the merge result wpRichText. Any ideas?

Also, there still remains the separate problem of being unable to copy text that exists within a group. It seems the clipboard text picks up whatever parent groups exist and these groups are reinserted into document again whenever the clipboard is pasted. Is there a property setting that will prevent the groups from being reinserted in the paste? The text itself is only thing that should be pasted.

Thanks,

Herb

I'm having trouble trying to create tables within WPReport groups and/or bands.

There are a couple of problems:

(1) When I try to create a table using the menus I always end up with a single column table, even if more than 1 columns were specified. In addition, the 'split cell' operation to the single column table fails to split the single column into multiple columns.

(2) I can create a multicolumn table outside the WPReporter groups and bands. But when i try to copy and paste that table into a WPReporter group or band it is pasted as a single column table.

I've tried adding tables in the WP5/WPReporter demo that comes preconfigured with tables in the WPReporter columns. That doesn't work. I've also tried just copying those existing tables and pasting them into different group or band and that doesn't work; in addition that has problem that when copied a new instance of the parent group is created within the document text.

So I've got a couple of questions.

(1) How do I get tables to work within WPReporter?

(2) How can I copy and paste text that exists within a WPReporter group. So far as I can tell the paste operation in this case will insert another set of the group begin and end, thus making it impossible to copy only the text I want.

Thanks,

Herb

I'm not getting correct results when copying and pasting text from MS Word or a browser. The text is pasted in the WPRichText's default font and size, and color is blue. None of the formatting comes over.

I observe this behavior in the TBX-demo and in my own application that I based off that demo. Copying and pasting seems to work fine in the other non-TBX demos I've tried.

There seems to be something different in the TBX version that's creating the paste problems. Is it a property that's not set right, a bug, or something else?

Regards,

Herb

I'm using WPTools5 with WPReporter. I have a problem with saving my merge template documents. I have a simple merge template with one MASTER group and one DETAIL group. When I save it and then try to open the saved document, I find that I now have two detail groups. If I save this document and reload from disk, I find that the two detail groups have multipled into more. Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I have recreated the document from scratch just in case something had gotten corrupted in original file. Problem is duplicated whenever I recreate the template in a new document and save to file.

Thanks,

Herb