Beiträge von didiergm

How would you go to implement an autosave feature which would save the document every x minutes.

Is it safe to save while the user is typing ? or is there any sort of 'idle' event which could be used to find when it is safe to save a document.

thanks for your ideas

Didier

Hello all,
    my users are complaining that when the field delimiters are hidden before printing, they are not actually hidden but replaced by a space, so when they are addind several fields one after the other, this introduces extra spaces.

Am I missing something ? there must be a way to completely remove temporarily the field delimiters for printing.

Thanks for your help

Didier

*****Edit *****
    I new there was to be something simple: I was hiding correctly the field delimiters, but I was not calling the reformat routine !

Julian, thanks for the answer. but my problem cannot be solved this way as there may (will) be other graphics (pictures for example) that still need to be printed.

It is only that single picture (the logo) which they may or may not want to print.

Didier

Hi,

My client has been using a text processor built around Wptools 5 for a number of months. This text processor allows him to generate documents using a system of templates and fields being popukated from a database. Everything works fine.

I recently implemented Wpdf and it works a treat in combination with Wptools 5. Long story to explain the background. in all his templates (or base documents) he has added his logo and would like me to hide the logo when he prints the document, but keep it when a pdf is generated.

How would you go about doing this ? (I would like to add that the logo has been insered as an image, it is not a field or anything.

I know how to create a table by code, the only thing I cannot figure out is how to specify that I want the header row content to be underlined.

I have tried specifying that the currattr included underline, but this seems to have no effect; any idea,

in the callback method, I do :

Code
    if RowNr=1 then // Header Row ------------------------------
    begin
        Document.CurrAttr.AddStyle([afsUnderline]);
        Document.CurrAttr.UnderlineMode := WPUND_Standard;
        Document.CurrAttr.AddStyle([afsBold]);

but this has no effect.

Any idea ?

Didier

I have found it for myself. before printing, I am removing the table borders.
    In case this helps someone, you just have to remember that all tables are attached to the firstpar of the document. then you simply loop through the Tables array, get the firstlevelPar of the table and proceed through all paragraphes using next. YOu will be out of the table as soon as the parentparagraph type is not in wpistable or wpistablerow

Didier

I need a way to display the cursor (caret) even when the editor is out of focus. the user will switch back/forth between the text and a list of fields show in the tree structure on the left-hand side of the document and will frequently forget where the cursor was which causes some issues!

I have loohed at the cursor data structure (TWPRTFDataCursor) but a) could not find how to get to it from the document and b) could not find anything related to my problem (could be that I did not look properly)

thanks in advance for your suggestions

Didier

My users are secretaries typing reports which are dictated to them. The persons dictating want to be able to review the report before it get send outside. Then they may decide on some changes etc ...

So until they are happy with the document, I would like to print as a background the word 'DRAFT' in a shaded color (and ideally at 45 degre angle, in the middle of the page). This would be removed when they are ready to 'publish' that document.

Not being very familiar, yet, with WPtools, I would very much appreciate any pointer to get me started.

thanks in advance

Didier