Beiträge von FB

Hello,

I'm using the TWPLanguageControl component, to localize standard labels and dialogs.

Is it possible to change text inside combos?

For example, in the WPReportBandDialogForm there are comboboxes for the type of visibility, the type of section... but the descriptions of these items cannot be localized (changed).

I'm using WPTools V4.11d (evaluation)

Regards

Hello,

I noticed strange behaviours using function FloatToCurr, to format values.

First of all, when the number is greater than one million, the result is in scientific notation.
    For example, FloatToCurr(1654321) results in 1.65432E6

Besides, when the value is over 100,000 it rounds to unit
    (FloatToCurr(654321.98 -> 654,322.00))
    and when the value is over 10,000 it rounds to the first decimal digit
    (FloattoCurr(54321.34 -> 54,321.30))

It seems the function can hold just upto 6 digits...

I'm using WPTools V.4.11d (evaluation)

Regards

Hi, thank you for your support.
    If it can help you, I made little test.

My source report is composed of:
    - header band
    - group "main"
    - - header band
    - - group "detail"
    - - - header band
    - - - text band
    - - - ... (fields) ...
    - - group end
    - group end

If I use fields, without tables, everything allright.
    If i use one row of seven empty table cells, instead of ... (fields) ..., there is large memory eating.

I thought problem was for fields inside table cells...

Did you discover anything?

I used two WPRichText, for source and destination containers, named "WPsource" and "WPdest".
    In "WPdest" I also disabled Undo option.

Then, I placed a WPSuperMerge component, and called its "Execute" method, to start the mailmerge process.

To replace fields with datas, I use the TWPSuperMerge.OnGetText method, assigning values to Contents.StringValue variable.

There is also a DBWPEvalEngine component, with no source code added. I used it to test automatic formulas, with fields, but it exists in both my test (with or without tables).

Do you want the source RTF file, to see if there is something wrong in it?

Thanks

Hello,

I'm evaluating WPtools, and in my test I created two groups (master-detail), with header for each group and a text band, for data.

Then, I created my report, using 21,400 records; total pages = 348.
    Everything done fast: the time elapsed from the end of the records fetching from database, and the first page seen on screen, was about 2 seconds.

To better show my data, I created tables with my fields inside cells.
    Then, I created my report with again 21,400 records... I can't see the end: it's very time consuming, not to talk about memory eating!

Without tables, report eats 38MB of memory.
    With tables, report eats 228MB of memory, and it is so slow that I can't wait for it to finish.

So, have I to use tables in a particular way, or setup some properties to get results as fast as possible?

Thank you

Zitat

Although it adds so much possibilities, WPTools 5 requires a bit less memory than WPTools 4. With the test file (200 pages, 6 MB RTF code) it proves tio be very fast, too.

Wow! I think I'll purchase soon...

Regards

Hello,

I'm evaluating WPTools + WPReporter for delphi 6.
    I downloaded the latest demo available (V4.11d), and my purpose is to create an application to mail-merge fields from TDatasets.

Looking into the well-made demos, I'm learning many useful stuff.
    I successfully reached my goal, using groups, programming the BeforeProcessGroup and AfterProcessGroup events to manage master/detail dataset and moving to next record, and the GetText event to manually substitute fields with values from Datasets.

I'm now interested in using TDBWPEvalEngine component, but I didn't understand its power.
    I used the AddDataSet method to indicate which alias corresponds to my Dataset... and now? What can I do?

Please could you give me some information on its usage?

I looked into the help file, but it takes me to an overview of the standard TWPEvalEngine component. I noticed there are some properties and methods unique to TDBWPEvalEngine component, not documented.

Thank you for your time, I think your component suite is one of the best I ever seen in Word Processing.