Beiträge von support

Thanks for the report - I found that problem in unit WPXMLFile. Please modify the code after line 450 (insert begin,end):

Code
    else if p^ > #32 then
            begin //V4.20a
              FWroteElement := TRUE;
              if (p^ >= #32) or (p^ = #9) then //V4.11f
              begin
              s := s + p^;
              end
              else if p^ = #10 then
              s := s + '<br/>';
            end; //V4.20a

Julian

Zitat

wouldn't it be a good idea to encapsulate the "ColorToNr" in the setter method of "CurrAttr.Color"

... sounds like a good idea but I prefer to leave it as it is since all the Attr.Color, ParColor etc work the same way and it is not possible to add a setter for CPAttr^.Color for example. So it stays consistent if I leave it like it is.

So please use
    CurrAttr.ColorToNr( TColorValue, true )
    when ever you need a color value.

Zitat

It appears that the hyperlink attributes override the underlying attributes.

Exactly - see the property HyperlinkTextAttr. There is is globally defined for all hyperlinks. There is no option to change just the undleine color for a certain hyperlink.

Zitat

Just for reference, the resulting 'link' in the rtf as plain text looks like an embedded binary, but is a good bit smaller, but still 20+ lines of jibberish code. I guess I was expecting to see something like ImagePath='blahblahblah' or something.

You see the properties of the embedded object encoded in a binary stream. It seems to be correct.

Julian

>> What is the best way to mark the hyperlink so I can check to see if it was already selected?

If you use code like my suggestion you already have access to pa^.Color - this makes it easy to check if is already "colored".

Julian

Zitat

I am using an image in some of my templates as a 'letter head' type image. It's set as a linked image. Without an image the
    document is roughly 3k. But when I link a 21k jpg into the document, the
    document size jumps to 100k. Is there a way to keep this size down? I may be pulling 40-50 or more of these reports at a time and 100k each adds up pretty quick.

Using a linked image is good to reduce the size of the document but here it seems so that the image was not linked. The size should be only some 100 bytes for the object place holder. Please check the setting for the property WriteObjectMode if it is set to 'both' or 'rtf'. It should be set to 'standard' for smallest files.
    Please note that linked images use the property 'StreamName' and not 'FileName' as reference to the image. The image is loaded from the same path as the document or provided in the even OnTextObjectLoadStream.

Julian

Zitat

Im using this in my template so every page is numbered but I need the number spelled out instead of just the number. (What I need this to do is insert 'Page Two' instead of 'Page 2'.)

Yes, this is possible. You insert the page number fields as you did before with WPRichText1.InputTextField(wpoPageNumber) - but you add an event to OnTextFieldGetText. Here you can use code like

Julian Ziersch

Zitat

Reformatall did seem to help with editing, but not with preview.

I suspect the header is not being carried into the merged document.

No, it isn't. You are using FastAppendText which only appends the text which is 'active' in the editor. (See property WorkOnText).

To transfer all special texts you can use

Code
    WPRichText2.AsString := WPRichText1.AsString;
    WPRichText2.ClearBody;

Info: V4.20a or later will also support: WPRichText2.HeaderFooter.Assign( WPRichText1.HeaderFooter );

Julian

Hello!

Zitat

*) I tried some PDF and found that not all work fine for example a PDF created with Adobe Acrobat Distiller 6.0

>> -) The images are only a rectangle with a blue line

There are some image formats which are not yet understood - most important indexed RGB images and CCITT images. These are in development.

>>-) Some bold text are now only "normal font"

Maybe this is a font problem. For the next time WPViewPDF does not and will not suppoirt Type1 fonts - there is also a patent on the rendering algorithm of this kind of fonts.

>>-) The enumeration (·) only show some curios chars.

ZapDingbats is not yet converted - that will come.

>>-) Tried to print it to Adobe Distiller - the Demo Application closed without an error and the print jobs was deleted ? <<

I have no idea - it should print something - it is regular HDC drawing code.

Please note that WPViewPDF is not positioned to read PDF files created by Destiller, maybe even on different OS (MAC). It is positioned to view and print the PDF files created with your own business application (using a PDF tools such as WPDF, PDFControl or competing products) and in future also to show PDF forms. (with edit fields ...)

>>*) Is it possible to copy some text (and images) from the pdf like in Adobe Acrobat ? <<
    This is not possible yet. Kind Regards, Julian Ziersch.

Zitat

How do I parse 2 or more data fields in a text field.
    <MRMRS@A+FIRST@A+LAST@A>

This requires the 'manual' loading of the field contents.

To do this please use the event OnRefreshData which receives the current object. You can set the caption using
    (Graphic as TWPFGGraphicText).Caption := '...';
    e.g. using a text calculated using the formula from Graphic.Name or Graphic.Formula.

Zitat

I'm finding that the TWPFObjectInspector is not working with WinXp if you use themes or a manifest file.

Thaks for the suggestion - I check that out but on first sight it does not make much sense to me. The spin buttons are just TButtons which are moved from row to row.

One option would be to NOT use TButtons here and speed buttons instead. Maybe this already fixes the problem.

Julian