Beiträge von matthew

A long long time later, and I too have found this issue.
    FWIW, I've settled on using the toolbar OnIconSelection event and this filter:

if (group = 1024) and (num = 4) and (index = 0) then
    begin
    // save
    Typ := wptNone;
    Save1.Click;
    WPToolBar1.DeselectIcon(index, group, num);
    end;

I understand your situation is different, but I'm just pointing out how word processors work. Maybe WPTools does have a solution, but as a general principle you are swimming against the tide in this requirement, and working out how to hyphenate automatically would solve your situation.

I can't say why WPTools doesn't (I am nothing but a user) but this is the same as any word-processor. Try it in Word.

Code
    The problem is that it would look quite horrible if you had the last line all 
    justified                          across                        the              page.

That didn't work so well, but it shows the idea.

I'll just chip in here, having worked on a word-processor before (just a user of WPTools though). The key here is that full justification is only ever done on the body of a paragraph, and not on the last line of a paragraph. The problem is that the last line will usually be very short compared to the rest of the lines, so it would look quite odd.

In your situation, you are breaking the paragraph up into lots of little paragraphs, and that is why it is doing what you are seeing. I doubt it would work how you want ever, to be honest. The way forward is to get the hyphenation or other requirement into the WPTools way of working (I don't know if it has a hypenation facility) or to use special break characters that will allow it to work as it currently does. Perhaps using an alternative space character or something (hmm, that might not work either). Anyway, I think an alternative is needed.

I deleted the text between the end bars of two groups in a report. How can I insert a line again please?

If I click on the bar, and press Enter, the new line appears at the start of the group. I don't seem to be able to add anything between them, either via cursor or whatever.

I hope there is a way for this. Thanks.

Zitat von wpsupport

An edition for FireMonkey is planned but no guarantee its possible. The framework has probably to mature a bit.

I'd really like FireMonkey support. I've just upgraded to v6 for XE support (and XE2 when you have it - I'm just gathering components currently) but FireMonkey is a key target for cross platform. I need reporting on the Mac too. I'd say that it would be fine to charge for FM support.

Could you explain the bundle upgrade a bit more please? There is only the Pro to Pro upgrade as an option. Are you saying that if I buy that, and already have the bundle, you'll spot that and give me the PRO/Premium bundle?

I also note that the operating system compatibilities are rather dated...

Finally, the base currency is Euro yes?

Thanks, Matthew

Okay, I got a report back from the customer and my fix works. Could you please review this and let me know when it is in the release code please?

This is the code - I added the IF at the beginning.

In essence, the code is ignored unless it is the final result.

Further reading of the URL in your code shows that the sample tests for GCS_RESULTSTR which is not done in the WPTools version. Presumably this is what makes a repeat. I'll add the test and let you know.

Okay, results back from the Korean customer say that without that definition, no Korean characters can be input at all. I will revert, and see if I can get time to work out if there is an error in the IME code.

I'll let you know if this fixes it, and if so, if I can work out why it might.

But what would be really useful is if some more of the $DEFINES like this were in an INC file. Right now I can't add warnings to my code to verify that my change is made. I wanted to output a message to warn that the option was enabled, which presumably it will be if I update and forget to make the change again. The define doesn't get to be in my code, so I can't test and output a warning if it is defined. If it was in an INC file, then I could include the INC myself and thus make the test work. I hope this is something you can consider for the future. Thanks!

Matthew

We use the WPReporter in an application, and allow the end users to edit the text. When a user Korea enters Korean text (symbols to me) they are getting the characters repeated. They appear twice immediately on entry, and are stored as unicode characters twice in the data file. If you then hit backspace, it will remove a single character (that may happen after it is saved, not sure).

Are there any known issues with Unicode and Korean keyboards?

My full question set is this, in case it reveals anything additional you may ask. (Also, I'm about to disappear on holiday, but will be around intermittently before new year.)

I hope that this is something simple - I don't want to have to buy a Korean keyboard to work it out!

Many thanks, Matthew

Thanks - I thought you might say that. Unfortunately I might have 600 items, and those could either be a single name and value in three columns on the page (2 pages) or one item taking over two pages (800 pages). Thus some way to intrude on the laying out would be handy to get 10 pages max or something.

If not possible, please consider an event that allows termination each time you get to a new page. Thanks!

Matthew