Beiträge von matthew

Is it possible to reference a current heading or other field value in the header or footer? This is to be able to display a "Section 1" or "Section 2" type value in the header or footer so that someone knows where they are in a large document. I know these things are complicated, and I just tried putting a field in, but that just takes the current value from the end, which isn't what I want. I think I was being naieve in expecting it to work like that, but if it is possible I'll persist.

Thanks, Matthew

I suspect that the reporter has an issue with the "New page after text" option. If I have a report that has multiple bands with groups in each, I'm getting a new page after the first group ends and the next band starts. That is, it seems to be spotting the trigger and doing the new page, but it isn't the correct trigger since it is nested.

I can let you have samples if that would help, but it would mean downloading my app to see it live (or I can send the before and after results I guess if you want).

Matthew

I have a report that uses a two column line that repeats. The second column text is indented slightly on the first line. The effect is:

Code
    First column       Second columnFirst column      Second columnFirst column      Second columnFirst column      Second column

Is this me, or something else? If it makes any difference, I have a single tab with a numeric alignment in the data. The data is actually like this in the columns:

Code
    Company1 (Comparison 1)	23.87%
    Company1 (Comparison 2)	23.87%

Thanks, Matthew

What would be the easiest way to limit the number of pages in the reporter? When designing, I sometimes have a run-away report with lots of pages, and I'd like to have a limit of perhaps 20 pages and then have my code stop. I note the TWPSuperMerge AfterProcessGroup has an Abort, which is used to stop the band working. How can I find out how many pages are in the result at this point?

Thanks, Matthew

Julian's comments are in the << >> sections, and are mainly "No". Having once tried for two weeks to get a terminal app to work RTL properly (and LTR at the same time IIRC) I know it could never be easy and would be some major undertaking in a tool as complex as WPTools.

I have some RTF that I created using the editor, and saved using RTF-nobinary, but when it re-loads it the text is disappeared. Could someone tell me why please?

Code
    {\rtf1\ansi\deff0\uc1\ansicpg1252\deftab720{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset1 Arial;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset1 Gill Sans Ultra Bold;}{\f2\fnil\fcharset1 Wingdings;}}{\colortbl\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green0\blue0;\red0\green128\blue0;\red0\green0\blue255;\red255\green255\blue0;\red255\green0\blue255;\red128\green0\blue128;\red128\green0\blue0;\red0\green255\blue0;\red0\green255\blue255;\red0\green128\blue128;\red0\green0\blue128;\red255\green255\blue255;\red192\green192\blue192;\red128\green128\blue128;\red0\green0\blue0;}\wpprheadfoot1\paperw12240\paperh15840\margl1880\margr1880\margt1440\margb1440\headery720\footery720\endnhere\sectdefaultcl{\*\generator WPTools_5.202;}{\*\listtable{\list\listtemplateid1\listsimple{\listlevel\leveljc0\levelfollow0\levelstartat1\levelspace0\levelindent360\levelnfc23{\leveltext\'01\'00;}{\levelnumbers\'01;}\f2}\listid1}}{\*\listoverridetable{\listoverride\listid1\listoverridecount0\ls1}}{\stylesheet
    {\s1{{\*\pn\pnlvlbody\pnlvlblt\pnf2\pnhang\pnindent360{\pntxtb}{\pntxta}}\li567\fi-363\ri0\sb0\sa0\ql\vertalt\fs22\cf15 Standard;}
    {\s2\li567\fi-363\ri0\sb0\sa0\ql\vertalt\fs22\cf15 Heading;}}
    {}\pard\plain\plain\f1\fs56\par
    \pard\plain\plain\f1\fs56\par
    \pard\plain\plain\f1\fs56\par
    \plain\f1\fs56 MARKETS IN FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS DIRECTIVE WORKSHOP\par
    \plain\f1\fs40 Thursday 8th March 2007\par
    }}

The text should be white I think, and big. But it just disappears when I load it. Creating a new one and save/loading it works fine.

Thanks, Matthew

The columns are working well, but I have one issue:
    The first line on a multi-column report is empty. So I'm seeing:

Code
    five    ten
    one     six     eleven
    two     seven   twelve
    three   eight   thirteen
    four    nine    fourteen

Does anyone know how I can fix this? It just looks odd at the moment. Thanks!

Searching the forums I see that there are messages about how to get columns to work. The main web page describing the Premium version indicates that columns are yet to come. Which is correct please?

If columns are available, then I'd upgrade in a week or so. But they need to work!

Thanks, Matthew

If I insert a field in a document multiple times, can I be sure of the order of the processing of it? Specifically, if I had a field which inserted a sequential value, and insert it ten times in the document, would it appear in document order? That is, if the function returned 1 the first time it was called, then 2, then 3 etc, would the document end up with 1, 2, 3 or some random order?

I'm particularly interested in knowing with regard to tables so I can insert one per cell. If you imagine a calendar, and I want to insert the next date in the next cell. The user might create 5, 6 or 7 columns in the row, and I want to have the table look right with an incrementing value in each cell without having to know in advance how many columns.

I suspect that this will be all natural and guaranteed, but if preparation is not "in document order" then I'd have to change the method. I'm also presuming that the document will call the field each time for the value and then insert the text, rather than caching anything.

Thanks,

Matthew

I suspect there isn't any direct support, but is there anything that might help sign PDFs with a digital signature? Given how easy it is to break the "no editing/selection" option on PDFs, I think our app will need to sign PDFs to ensure integrity. If there is any sort of support or code for doing this in wPDF then that would be very handy. Please point me at anything that might help - we are at the research stage of this project.

Thanks, Matthew

Yes. Well, I guess it isn't your problem directly, but I'd much appreciate a way to store RTF in XML without it being broken. I've found that a space after an underline is being lost, so fixed it temporarily by inserting a non-breaking space character (char 161?). Perhaps I need to use base64...

Matthew

And indeed it is. I started with code to substitute CR/LF in my code, and then removed it when I thought it wasn't needed. Putting it back in sorts the problem, so my XML storage must have been affecting things.

Matthew