Beiträge von briandhuff

WPTools 4 customer with the WPTools 5 demo to evaluate upgrading.

One of the issues we have run into is the removal of the TWPCustomRichText.DeleteTextAtCp command.

After searching the forums, going up the PDF, and Help Files we are unable to find a replacement for this command.

Is there a new procedure we are simply missing?

Correct, it's not happening within the wPDF, it's going on when you move from Rich Text to wPDFExport. Rich Text (multiple types tested) is fine, can even save and reload to/from blob streams... moving into the wPDF export causes the problem.

Oh well, just have to cut the Delphi 4 code out of the support area and move forward only with Delphi 7

WPEmOBJ.PAS is using GloabalAlloc... doesn't seem to get called though. it's in the TWPOImage.Paint method.

If I could understand greater how the images were transfered I might be able to figure it out. This is a very odd little problem that happens ONLY the first time you try it just after starting the application. Do it again and all is just fine.

I'm at a loss!

I do not find either lines being used either in my application or within your source.

I do have:

Code
    Buf           := GlobalLock(hMem);

where buf is a var or pointer. This is done when my scanner is done reading memory and is working properly.

The entire piece of code where that is found is

Where should I be using these two lines which you reference?

WPDFView 1.1 and WPTools 4 is what is being used.

I imagine that it has to do with memory management, however it's eluding all 3 of us developers over here.

All is being created and free'd up equally which suggests it should give a black page each and everytime this function is done instead of just on the first time the application is run.

It's pretty odd. Still having the same issue and have had to put it on hold because we are stumbling along here.

I am inserting BMP objects from a Scanner into a WPRichText as follows:

Code
    Bitmap := TBitmap.Create;    Try       Bitmap.LoadFromFile(FilePath);       Image1.Picture.Assign(Bitmap); //TImage       RichText.TextObjects.Insert(NewObject(Image1));   Finally      Bitmap.Free;   End;

The NewObject function is as follows:

Code
    Function  TTwain.NewObject(Img : TImage) : TWPOImage;begin    Result := TWPOImage.Create(Self);    Result.Picture.Assign(Img.Picture);    Result.WidthTW := Result.ContentsWidth;    Result.HeightTW := Result.ContentsHeight;end;

That is all working fine and dandy, however, I need to then save the contents to a PDF file. I'm doing this as:

Code
    PDFExport.Source := RichText; //PDFExport is TWPPDFExport object on form

PDFExport.Filename := ('c:\test.pdf');
              PDFExport.BeginDoc;
              PDFExport.Print;
              PDFExport.EndDoc;

The odd problem that I am getting is as follows:

The very first time I run my application, if I insert 2 BMP's into the RichText then the first BMP is exported as a Black Square in the resulting PDF file. The second image inserted is just fine.

If I close the form (not the application) and go back to the form and perform the exact same thing (insert 2 BMP's into RichText and export it) then all is just fine.

If I only insert 1 BMP into the richtext and insert it works great everytime.

The only problem seems to be if there are multiple BMP's being exported, and ONLY the first time my application runs.

Any clues?

WPTools 4, Delphi 4

We are using a twpRichText to create thousands of letters and print them out. After using the product for many years, we have run into a problem.

We generate about 16,000 letters and try to print them. Seems we are running into a maximum size issue either with the RichText or the PDFPrinter component. Only 2/3 of the letters print. We can verify that it is not a data or code issue and if we print to a plain text file, we get everything. However, if we print to PDF, we seem to max out. The PDF file created is 2.36 GIGs in size and that's only 2/3 the letters.

It's a ton of letters, and we are pushing things pretty far.

Just wondering if there are any contraints that we might be running into?

Is it possible to test for compression prior to importing and viewing a PDF file?

I would rather not see the blue border around the viewer and get the "l1" or 'lm10" type errors. Would like to select the file, hit open, then have the system display a message similar to "The file you have selected uses unsupported compression" etc etc.