Beiträge von ealsmyr

Hi,

We are having problems converting RTF to HTML when the RTF document contains metfile pictures like "{\pict\wmetafile8\" patterns.

We call RTF2PDF.Memo.SaveToString and indicate an "HTML-imgpath:" but the resulting PNG files are incorrect. Just a few bytes in them.

Is the problem that the component does not rasterize the vector graphics into bitmaps when saving?

Our workaround if this is not suported is ofcourse to enumerate all images and handle them ourselves. On that note, I see no interface to enumerate imges in the douments. Is this the case?

Thank you in advance,
    Erik

We have a case where PDFs created from MS Word with drawing objects that are semi transparent are not rasterized correctly.

It is easily reproduced:
    - Create new Office Word document
    - Insert some text
    - Create an arrow that is semi transparent over the text
    - Save/Export as a PDF
    - Use wPDFControl to render to a bitmap image

Is there an option to avoid this? Is this something that can be addressed in the rendering code of the component?

I have emailed files to illustrate the problem to the support email address.

Hi,

I have been spending time with extracting text from the PDF. Noticed the .NET wrapper lacks this interface so I am using the direct commands instead.

Code
    int iTextLen = tempViewer.Command(WPViewPDF.commands.COMPDF_GetTextLen);
    IntPtr pText = Marshal.AllocHGlobal(iTextLen);
    tempViewer.Command(WPViewPDF.commands.COMPDF_GetTextBuf, (uint)pText);
    string sText = Marshal.PtrToStringAnsi(pText);
    Marshal.FreeHGlobal(pText);

Image extraction works fine where I specify the page number with the text parameter. But how am I supposed to specify this for the text buffer? As it is now I get only the text of page 1 of the PDF.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
    Erik

Hi,

Any news on a 64-bit binary?

This is currently stopping us from going ahead with integrating WPViewPDF.

edit:
    Just read up on Codegear that their 64bit Commodore release is "probably" not going to see the light during 2009.

I guess this means a 64bit version of WPViewPDF is not happening this year, right?

/Erik