Beiträge von jamesh

Unfortunately when we bought WPTools 6 PRO (which was way back in 2009) we didn't purchase with a subscription.

I have tried compiling WPTools under XE7 but there are a few breaking changes since XE3 (all appear to be unicode related), I began making some of the changes but it started to grow arms and legs.

I was wondering if you guys had a readily available XE7 compatible version of v6?

The cost of upgrading to WPTools 7 is just too expensive for us considering we don't need any of the new features, we simply want to upgrade our IDE to Delphi XE7.

With that being said, is there a compatible version of WPTools 6 available for us to use or is it only WP7 upwards that will support the newer versions?

Using RTFNoBinary did the trick thanks!

One other issue I have noticed though (not sure if you would prefer I opened another thread) - When I save/reload WMF/EMF images the quality seems to be lost? Is this a known issue?

I know previously there would be slight quality loss but with the new version WMF are really low. EMF is the same as before.

Hi,

We recently upgraded to the latest version (6.27) from a fairly old version (6.14) and we are now getting exceptions when attempting to load saved RTF data which contained images.

Here is how we currently save the data:

And to load back in we just use Editor.LoadFromString with WriteObjectMode set to wobRTF. I have tried enabling the $DEFINE PNGIMG directive in the WPINC.inc file and re-compiling but that didn't appear to change anything. I have read through the release notes posted on this thread and I can see there has been some changes to the save implementation, however, nothing seems to be jumping out at me. There was a lot of changes between the versions so I may just be missing it.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

PNG load error:

Zitat

The file being read is not a valid "Portable Network Graphics" image because it contains an invalid header. This file may be corrupted, try obtaining it again.

JPEG load error:

Zitat

JPEG error #11 (apparently means "Sampling factors too large for interleaved scan")

WMF load error:

Zitat

Metafile is not valid

Hi,

I posted this question a while back - Upgrading from v4 to v6: Equivalents.

I managed to migrate most of it all over, however, I am now stumped with a section which I had working in v4 but can't seem to get it to work in v6.

Here is the V4 code (Delphi 2010):

The editor would correctly export the images to HTML as img elements. However, I can't quite seem to get this to work in v6.

Could someone help me translate the above v4 code into V6 code.

Thanks

Hi,

I need to be able to allow users to change the colour of hyperlinks in the editor. From my understanding I can do this by disabling the UseTextColor/UseUnderlineColor in the HyperlinkTextAttr property.

The thing I don't like about this is when the user starts to type the hyperlink it takes the font colour they are currently using which I don't want.

What I want to do is set a default hyperlink colour so when they first type it, it will always use the default, but they can then change it to suit.

How would I go about doing this?

Hi mattatmilsoft,

Thanks for the advice. I implemented a solution similar to what you suggested and it seemed to work fine. Luckily in my particular situation I was able to use the DeleteHyperlink method :)

Here is my code (delphi):

I don't think this is very good from a usability perspective. When the user removes the text from the editor, they are left with a very small cursor (possbily a different issue?). Pressing backspace again removes the <a> tags completely and restores the cursor to its normal size.

However, the issue here is how is a user supposed to understand that they need to press the backspace twice? When they remove the text of the hyperlink it appears to them that it has been successfully removed. We use the editor as a notes editor (similar to MS Word) I notice that they do not have this same issue.

Personally I see this as a bug in the editor....

Hi,

I have noticed a bug in the editor when specifying hyperlinks. If you enter a hyperlink into the editor, then highlight that text and remove, anything else entered into the editor after that is assumed to be a hyperlink.

If you highlight the text via Ctrl+A and delete, it successfully removes the hyperlink.

Is there a fix for this?